• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

#16 +D. FiB3R

D. FiB3R

aka DARKFiB3R

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: Lumia 800

Posted 20 June 2013 - 23:08

boo ####ing hoo. That guy can cry me a river.

He made it perfectly clear that it was a way to drive revenue. A fun way to make us spend more.

How much has MW3 made... £600m+ ?

Blow me.

#17 HawkMan

HawkMan

Badass Viking

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 20 June 2013 - 23:16

T

Neogafs insider who got everything right for E3

HAHAHAHAHA oh you kill me....

#18 OP Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 20 June 2013 - 23:21

HAHAHAHAHA oh you kill me....

#dealwithit

Moving this post here since this seems to be the new thread.

What's funny is that they DID hint at this. In an obfuscated way. We just never noticed.

Remember when the DRM was first revealed? The easiest complaint was "What if I wanted to take it to my friend's house?"

Remember the response?

http://gamerant.com/....n-requirement/

http://metro.co.uk/2....uired-3832010/

http://www.ign.com/a....-always-online

We just glossed over that because we figured, during the PEAK of the "24 hour check" freakout, that 1 hour offline for visiting a friend was just more #### on the cake.

Nope.

That was the max amount of time a friend could play a copy. Period

It was in front of our face the whole time.

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=598291

#19 +D. FiB3R

D. FiB3R

aka DARKFiB3R

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: Lumia 800

Posted 20 June 2013 - 23:22

Credit where credit is due though, it's actually a great idea. Not only does pretty much every game have a demo, but your progress is also saved, further enticing you to make that purchase. Genius.

No wonder he's gutted.

#20 spenser.d

spenser.d

Neowinian Senior

Posted 20 June 2013 - 23:25

You're like a kid who can't get over himself.  It's just getting amusing.

#21 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 20 June 2013 - 23:27

Lulz, well that confirms it then. If something is too good to be true, it usually is.

Yep

#22 vcfan

vcfan

POP POP RET

Posted 20 June 2013 - 23:34

this whole rumor was from a freakin pastebin supposedly from a ms employee on the xbox team

http://pastebin.com/TE1MWES2

you know what else I found on pastebin? make a thread about that

http://pastebin.com/Nre9WEht

#23 HawkMan

HawkMan

Badass Viking

Posted 20 June 2013 - 23:34

MS probably demands all games have some form of demo now anyways, like they do with Xbox, WP and Windows 8 now that everything is DD on release day.

Seems more like this dude is taking some out of context statements that actually contradict him, to prove a rumor that can't be proven wrong. Even when MS eventually releases the redone family sharing for DD games, and maybe down the line discs he can just claim "well they changed it" if its not what he says now. And if MS now releases a statement saying it would work differently well then he can claim "we'll they say that now, when they dropped it".

It's an unproven rumor with nothing to back it up, from a source that has had a few food hits, but not nearly as infallible as someone makes him out to be.

#24 Matrix XII

Matrix XII

System F

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:04

and people actually thought they would let you have full access to 10 family members games? :rofl:

I knew there would be some catch to this, it just didn't sound right after what they were trying to implement with DRM policies.

I can't even imagine what a shitstorm that would have been if they didn't tell people about this before the release.

#25 Roxkis

Roxkis

Neowinian

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:01

Wow this shits epic. Lol family demo sharing.

#26 HawkMan

HawkMan

Badass Viking

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:41

and people actually thought they would let you have full access to 10 family members games? :rofl:

I knew there would be some catch to this, it just didn't sound right after what they were trying to implement with DRM policies.

I can't even imagine what a ****storm that would have been if they didn't tell people about this before the release.

Just like you can share any disc though.

There was some uncertainties about the limitations and one of them being wether the original owner could play at the same time as a family member, which many believed you could, personally I thought that to be unlikely. this might be where the demo thing comes in though. you're only allowed to play for 60 minutes when the original owner still plays. Then there was the issue of how many could access the library at the same time. it was rumored it as only one or two at a time (except for th owner).

so if the limit was one player per game at any time, and max 1 or 2 people accessing your shared library. then it doesn't seem unrealistic. remember it's replacing disc and was supposed to give you the same and extended freedoms of discs. And this was meant for family, they where working on an actual loaning out feature to come at a later update. 

#27 compl3x

compl3x

One day until retirement

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:23

Still worth it to get rid of the disadvantages of discs while still getting the advantages of it.

Don't like discs? Buy digitally.

Lol at the calling people delusional, when in truth you had no idea about this restriction either.

People thought MS was going to be super generous and essentially hand us a system where everyone could get together and share a massive library of games on demand. That was delusional.

#28 Torolol

Torolol

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:24

should be call this 'demo sharing' instead?

#29 +Graimer

Graimer

Neowinian

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:51

Rumor. I don't believe it. Somone writing on pastebin or whatever is not a good source. I could've written it, pretending to be a MS employee. The last one looked like it was written by an angry 14 year old..

Don't like discs? Buy digitally.

People thought MS was going to be super generous and essentially hand us a system where everyone could get together and share a massive library of games on demand. That was delusional.

Why would we want to download 40gb if we could install from disc in 15 mins or whatever?  It's a difference between playing with disc and installing from disc.

#30 JonnyLH

JonnyLH

Neowinian

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:01

That makes sense.

Although it totally makes family sharing less of that "killer feature" it definitely would of brought more sales. You could play the game, get game progress saved and play it a couple of times. In all fairness, that's quite a-lot of play through. We still loose the digital game library and everything around that, which is still a big loss.

this whole rumor was from a freakin pastebin supposedly from a ms employee on the xbox team

http://pastebin.com/TE1MWES2

you know what else I found on pastebin? make a thread about that

http://pastebin.com/Nre9WEht

I know its on pastebin, but there's certain specifics in there and the nature of the text which gives it some credibility. You explained the point yourself when you created that other pastebin.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!