Here is what doesn't make sense to me. All Microsoft has to do is push the Digital Downloads and they and the publishers win.
The stuff he said makes no sense about publishers losing money.
1) Offer the digital download of a game same day as the disk copy (which they are already doing)
2) Lower the price significantly on day #1 for Digital Downloads (At least by $20-25) because they get to keep more cash
3) Offer the ability to switch instantly to all of your Digital Download games (without putting any disk in the machine)
4) Offer the ability to play your games on any Xbox One console anywhere around the world
5) Receive the game quickly using bit-torrent (quick satisfaction)
With these reasons, anyone with an Internet connection can just download the game and most would if it offered a cheaper alternative than disks. People love to save money and to be offered advantages. This is why Steam works.
So, what he said is non-sense, because publishers can sell their title online and give people a price break because there isn't a middle man to sell publisher's games. Thus GameSpot and used games will eventually go away. This is 2013 and the Internet is everywhere and it should not be hard to download games these days.
Also why would anyone be proud of a useless feature that they can just download a free demo for the same game on Xbox Live anyway. That would be incredibly stupid.
I can't trust these rumors. They are trying to look legit, but the common sense is lacking.