Xbox One Reverses DRM! Angry Rant

nsfw

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 freak180

freak180

Mr. GreatDisaster

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:35

Pretty interesting points and it does makes sense. Just putting this hear for those who know him and his work.

#2 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • OS: Digita Storm Bolt, Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/Media Center Pack, Server 2k12 - Core i7 3770K/16GB DDR3/OCZ Vector 256GB/Gigabyte GTX 760
  • Phone: HTC One 64GB

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:45

No one really knows what telemetry ... MS used to reverse itself. I'm sure if they didn't have data that showed it was in their best interest, they would not have done it. And if the limited time on family share was true, when that was revealed it would have been even more negative drama.

#3 +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:48

NSFW Much!? HA!

#4 basques

basques

hentai otaku

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:51

I have no idea who this guy is but I couldn't watch the video after I got frustrated the way he talks.

#5 vcfan

vcfan

POP POP RET

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:20

why cant he make his points without going into full retard mode. is that his shtick?

#6 Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Assistant Special Agent Chicken in charge

• Tech Issues Solved: 5
  • Phone: Motorola MicroTAC Elite

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:22

I dont understand why people think that when a technology becomes old (Disc), makes it obsolete.  People were just not  ready for a fully digital console yet, and was the reason for the Xbox One backlash. The Xbox One was like a 2020 console being released in 2013. Making a console fully digital is a nice idea, but it gives the publishers/Microsoft total control over the games which is unsettling.  If Microsoft wants to emulate the Steam model,they should make an entirely new console.  I bet now the folks at Microsoft are working overtime modifying the Xbox to not have DRM and internet requirement!

#7 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:24

It was a given that Microsoft would reverse course after all the uproar over it. 

#8 +Chris123NT

Chris123NT

Win8 Master

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:26

They made the right choice in reversing course.  The draconian DRM policies have already proven to actually reduce sales by a large margin rather than increase them many times with game developers in the past.

Before the reversal, an XBox One was completely out of the question for me, now I might consider getting one.

#9 Trent Devers

Trent Devers

Neowinian

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:38

If Microsoft wants to emulate the Steam model,they should make an entirely new console.

That's weird. Maybe it's just been all the hype recently, but I have been led to believe the Xbox One is an entirely new console.

I'm not saying disks are obsolete, but there certainly are better delivery methods other than driving to your nearest game store handing over cash to bring home a physical medium containing your new game. There aren't nearly as many Video/DVD rental stores around anymore because movies are now being delivered digitally. Why should gaming consoles be left out of this digital revolution?

If something is inevitable, why wait around dragging your feet to implement it. I don't understand how people can't be "ready for it now" but they will be in 2020. People are just scared of change. Those same people should take a look at Darwin's theory of evolution.

I for one will never buy a disc based game again provided their is a digital copy available. Why run the risk of the losing the disk, the disk being damaged, or having to rummage through mountains of disks trying to find the one game you want to play when it is there ready to go at the press of a button.

Stupid dinosaurs should just die out already and let the rest of us enjoy what technology can provide us.

#10 OP freak180

freak180

Mr. GreatDisaster

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:03

I have no idea who this guy is but I couldn't watch the video after I got frustrated the way he talks.

He's popular on youtube -_-

why cant he make his points without going into full retard mode. is that his shtick?

He's angry joe. What were you expecting, your typical arrogant neowin user? 

#11 Azies

Azies

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:28

That's weird. Maybe it's just been all the hype recently, but I have been led to believe the Xbox One is an entirely new console.

I'm not saying disks are obsolete, but there certainly are better delivery methods other than driving to your nearest game store handing over cash to bring home a physical medium containing your new game. There aren't nearly as many Video/DVD rental stores around anymore because movies are now being delivered digitally. Why should gaming consoles be left out of this digital revolution?

If something is inevitable, why wait around dragging your feet to implement it. I don't understand how people can't be "ready for it now" but they will be in 2020. People are just scared of change. Those same people should take a look at Darwin's theory of evolution.

I for one will never buy a disc based game again provided their is a digital copy available. Why run the risk of the losing the disk, the disk being damaged, or having to rummage through mountains of disks trying to find the one game you want to play when it is there ready to go at the press of a button.

Stupid dinosaurs should just die out already and let the rest of us enjoy what technology can provide us.

So do that, they're still allowing day one digital downloads for their entire library.

#12 Marshall

Marshall

▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:49

NSFW tag added

#13 OP freak180

freak180

Mr. GreatDisaster

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:58

NSFW tag added

Thanks I keep forgetting to add tags  :/

#14 Dutchie64

Dutchie64

Neowinian

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:01

the fact that thisguy is popular on internet, exaplains all that happened around the XBox One.

Most people are idiots that don't look any further than their d***s..... Sorry, but that's how I feel watching an idiot like this...

#15 Sarm

Sarm

Neowinian

• Phone: Nexus 4

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:17

They changed their mind after seeing this:

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!