FX lands broadcast rights to "Man of Steel," "Star Trek Into Da

fx-lands-broadcast-rights-to-man-of-stee

If you have not yet had the chance to hit the local movie theater this summer, the FX Network is here to help.

The network has announced more film acquisitions, giving it 71 percent of this year's highest-grossing weekend films at this point (17 out of 24). Given the magnitude of these deals, FX is quickly becoming the commercial television home for cinema's biggest hits.

STIDWarner Bros.' record-setting "Man of Steel," joins "The Purge," "Fast & Furious 6," "Star Trek Into Darkness," "This Is the End," "The Internship," and "Epic" as the films just announced.

Earlier this year FX announced that it had landed "Iron Man 3," "Pain and Gain," "Oblivion," "The Croods," "A Good Day to Die Hard," "Evil Dead," "Identity Theft," "Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters," "Mama" and "Zero Dark Thirty." What, no "Lords of Salem"?

Financial details of these acquisitions have not been announced. I cannot imagine it is cheap though.

These films will hit FX in mid to late 2015. At this time it appears the plan is to air them on FX and not the upcoming younger demographic-targeted FXX (which premieres on September 2).

TITEWhat do you make of these deals? Do you ever wait for films to hit commercial TV before seeing them for the first time or do you view them some other way first?

Also, how exactly are they going to edit the Jonah Hill scene in "This Is the End"? I will not spoil it here, but it seems pivotal to the film and nothing you will ever see on commercial TV. "Evil Dead" will be interesting too, when thinking about what has to be changed for it to air on the network.

http://www.tvrage.com/news/7296/fx-lands-broadcast-rights-to-man-of-steel-star-trek-into-darkness

I probably will already own those 2 movies on Blu Ray already before it's on TV. lol.