Maxthon Problems - Loses NEW Tabs Choices

I absolutely LOVE Maxthon - however I find that about once a week I lose (nearly) all of my saved sites on the NEW TAB screen (see location in .gif attachment). I say "nearly" because Maxthon keeps track of the website description - but replaces the actual URL with the default. When this happens Maxthon reports a data conflict. I'd LOVE to save this information locally - Maxthon reports zero local backups - but can't seem to find where or how to do this.

My question(s) if anyone can answer them:

1. Why does Maxthon Cloud keep losing this information and report the data conflict?

2. How do I save these URLs that I have to reset each time to a local backup?

3. If I can get them saved locally - how do I go about restoring the backup so I don't have to manually type in each of the saved items on the NEW TAB screen?

Any help would be appreciated. Almost ready to migrate off Maxthon if I can't get this resolved because of the annoyance...

Maxthon type:       Maxthon Cloud Browser

Maxthon version:  4.0.6.2000

post-498350-0-35339700-1371838191.gif

Hi!

My name is Nicole and i'm the Community Manager at Maxthon. I'm sorry to hear of the troubles you're having with the browser and losing your tabs. I've forwarded your inquiry to our engineering team and I will hopefully have more information for you concerning your problem tomorrow morning. Feel free to follow up with me at any time on the boards here or through email (PM me and I will give you my email address).

Thank you for your patience. I hope we can get this fixed!