AOL Reader launches into private beta, thanks Google for the opportunity

AOL Reader launches into private beta, thanks Google for the opportunity

aol-reader.jpg

Google: "Eh, we're kind of over this Reader thing. Let's go launch some balloons.

"AOL: "Why, thanks guys -- don't mind if we do!"

The above mentioned quotes are still unofficial, mind you, but it appears that AOL is joining Feedly in an effort to capture the audiences who will soon be forced to flee from Google's Reader product. AOL Reader launched today in beta form, promising to collect "all your favorite websites, in one place." It appears that the design language follows that introduced in the entity's Alto mail product, and if you've forgotten your AOL password, fret not -- those who request (and receive) an invite will be able to sign in via Facebook, Google or Twitter. Oh, and judging by the shot above, it's designed to work universally across screen sizes and devices, including your tablets, phones, desktops, laptops and space-age computational creations. Hit the source links below to get in on the action.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/21/aol-reader-beta-feeds-google-reader-replacement/

Interesting. An actual reason to go to the AOL website.

EDIT: I don't actually seem to be able to request an invite. I click the button and nothing happens :S

Interesting. An actual reason to go to the AOL website.

EDIT: I don't actually seem to be able to request an invite. I click the button and nothing happens :s

Ye same here, tried with Chrome and IE.

Yep doesn't work here either... or should I say works as expected, considering it's from AOL ;)

Guess I'll just stick with Feedly. :)