united kingdom ministry of defense declassified chinese lanterns

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:41

There is a couple of ways of looking at this. One being they are not a threat because they are simply not here, this being the most likely. The other way of looking at it, playing devil's advocate, is if they were here, that simple fact alone would be a threat either directly or indirectly. To get here would require advanced technology, that technology alone is a threat, specially if it fell into the wrong hands. Then there is the threat of them just being here, as much as you like to think of yourself as accepting, the simple fact is much of the world isn't so. Much of the world would be skeptical of their motives, their abilities, even their existence would be a threat to people's religious and world views. Also how would the gov know they pose no threat, maybe the aliens are in it for the long haul. 

Yeah, if they are here, they are a threat. Pure and simple.

#17 passnthru2

passnthru2

Neowinian

• 22 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:15

I saw a UFO in CO 1998 daytime, real close going very slow upwind, 60' in diameter about 120 yards away, about 200 feet up, it was a perfect seamless mirrored sphere.  it reflected what it was over as it moved along slowly.  I waved at it and it immediately turned grey, to brown to black then winked out.. gone in 3 seconds. that was my 3rd.

#18 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,496 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 16:01

^ 3rd bottle ... ? :shifty:

#19 +MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop

Miniman

• 7,465 posts
  • Phone: HTC 8X / Nexus 5

Posted 28 June 2013 - 16:29

At the end of the day, there's enough super powers already watching the skies that we don;t have to.

#20 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,496 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 00:25

^ I still look UP. :D

#21 Tigurinn

Tigurinn

Neowinian

• 541 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 14:19

^ 3rd bottle ... ? :shifty:

#22 illage3

illage3

Apprentice Game Designer

• 504 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:26

I'm on the fence about my opinion on Aliens.

I think they exist because countless cultures have depecited beings which were not human as gods. Think about the Pyramids, do you really think that at the time we humans could have created something like that?

I think they don't exisit because there has been no conclusive evidence besides flashing lights that tell me Aliens exisit.  A UFO doesn't mean Alien, it means a craft that cannot be identified.

#23 xendrome

xendrome

In God We Trust; All Others We Monitor

• 7,558 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:29

Assemble the team!

xcom_ufo_defense(1).jpg

#24 mudslag

mudslag

I live in your head

• 8,212 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 18:36

I'm on the fence about my opinion on Aliens.

Think about the Pyramids, do you really think that at the time we humans could have created something like that?

Yes I do think we humans could do that.

#25 illage3

illage3

Apprentice Game Designer

• 504 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:09

Yes I do think we humans could do that.

How? They must have had something influence that design. I find it hard to believe that they came up with that pyramid shape out of no where.

#26 .Neo

.Neo

Generic User

• 17,582 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:22

How? They must have had something influence that design. I find it hard to believe that they came up with that pyramid shape out of no where.

If you want to build a high structure stacking it that way is the easiest and most practical thing to do...

I've been watching some episodes of Ancient Astronauts/Aliens/whatever and something that I can't stand about those interviewed people is they basically say: "We as humans are too retarded to come up with anything ourselves. Any achievement that's worth mentioning is either done by aliens or under influence of aliens."

#27 mudslag

mudslag

I live in your head

• 8,212 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:26

And why exactly? The shape is simple, aesthetically pleasing, represents multiple views including social structure, which we know is a common view among the people of the world for as long as recorded history tells us. So really the shape isn't out of no where. While the building process of the pyramids may not be as simple, the design is, blocks stacked on top of each other, each bottom layer supports the upper ones. It's similar to arcways, the design of the arc is simple yet extremely effective at supporting many times it's own weight and at the same time aesthetically pleasing. Hence why it's so used in ancient designs. 

We also know the ancients didn't stop with the buildings of the pyramids, there are great cities of incredible architecture and beauty. We also know they weren't alone in designing similar pyramids though each culture did it differently. It's very possible that influence came from other cultures but there is zero reason to think that the pyramid design couldn't have been thought up by each culture independently. Just because something is hard to believe doesn't make it impossible. 

#28 illage3

illage3

Apprentice Game Designer

• 504 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:03

And why exactly? The shape is simple, aesthetically pleasing, represents multiple views including social structure, which we know is a common view among the people of the world for as long as recorded history tells us. So really the shape isn't out of no where. While the building process of the pyramids may not be as simple, the design is, blocks stacked on top of each other, each bottom layer supports the upper ones. It's similar to arcways, the design of the arc is simple yet extremely effective at supporting many times it's own weight and at the same time aesthetically pleasing. Hence why it's so used in ancient designs. 

We also know the ancients didn't stop with the buildings of the pyramids, there are great cities of incredible architecture and beauty. We also know they weren't alone in designing similar pyramids though each culture did it differently. It's very possible that influence came from other cultures but there is zero reason to think that the pyramid design couldn't have been thought up by each culture independently. Just because something is hard to believe doesn't make it impossible. 

Damn it! You've won the argument.

As I said before though, there is insufficent evidence to make me belive them 100%. However I'd like to think that earth isn't the only planet with life on it, an "Alien" doesn't have to have to be humanoid.

#29 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,496 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 16:36

^ Outside of you being abducted by aliens, what would convince you ? :laugh:

#30 Albert

Albert

Neowinian Senior

• 1,530 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 16:45

i wonder why the aliens are not doing any abducting and probing these days. more human are enjoying it, or intergalactic austerity measures perhaps.