Issues I had Yesterday? with IE 10

Question

Hi All

Yesterday morning I woke up early, decided to go onto google docs to work on this Online game Rental homes vacancy list, anyways it came up with each page about blank, asked a friend on SKype messenger, and he was like dude you have an infection, so I paniced and immediately did a Full Windows 8 Reset, Installing Avast antivirus this time thinking Windows Defender Missed Something.  

Am I wrong for using Avast?  or am I fine? 

Confused user here, part of me likes Defender, it's lighter I think, and doesn't have all the extras like Avast has, but right now I dont' know, I guess before I do custom refresh image, i'll decide on one or the other

2 answers to this question

Defender alone without Avast should be fine also, I would go into IE's Options (the Advanced Tab) & choose "Reset Internet Settings"

Oh Ok Thank you for the reply, Will do that after I get Defender resetup I think, reset Internet settings just to be safe, despite did do a full Windows 8 Reset, but I guess resetting settings wouldn't hurt after removing Avast..

Such a pain reloading everything that's for sure..and hopefully won't have to go thru this for a while