Under The Dome

problem with the netflix way is that consumers consume the whole season in a few weeks or less. shows already lose most of their viewers in the gap between seasons. with the netflix way you have a huge gap between seasons and there's no anticipation anymore.

I totally disagree with this sentiment. There are plenty of shows on Showtime, HBO, FX, AMC, etc. that are finished in 13 weeks and don't start back for another 9 months after the previous season's finale. And all of those channels require some level of advertising the shows return, whereas Netflix can use their own Recommended section and it won't cost a thing, plus there's a lot of word of mouth via news articles on Netflix's shows.

Also, another thing to remember is that Netflix isn't bound to any specific schedule like those that require advertising. FX, AMC and the like have to strategically place their shows where they'll get the most viewers, thus increasing the cost of advertising during the show so they can maximize the profits. Netflix doesn't have to do that.

Also, you mention shows lose viewers between seasons, but there's a lot of factors that probably go into that beyond just feigning interest and with Netflix's model, so what if they do? As long as they continue to subscribe, from Netflix's POV, it doesn't matter, they're still making money. You watch as you want to, which is even better for casual viewers vs. the normal TV viewing experience which typically shows an episode once and then you have to wait for syndication (OR buy an expensive DVR and record it and still have to deal with TV ads).

Not another "Revolution" type TV show NBC's Revolution is stupid and destined to fail. sorry but it's been done before and I don't see this Dome series succeeding on national TV.

Not another "Revolution" type TV show NBC's Revolution is stupid and destined to fail. sorry but it's been done before and I don't see this Dome series succeeding on national TV.

Where do you get that this is like Revolution? Also, this is based on a book that came out before Revolution. The only real comparison I see is that it is a survivalist story, which, one could argue, a lot of shows have similar themes (think Walking Dead, Falling Skies, etc.).

• 1 month later...

Then don't watch?

Cbs has a number of the highest rated tv shows on iirc, in one network will stick with it's shows it's cbs. Now if this was fox all bets are off.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That post looks like a film poster :p really looking forward to this!!

That post looks like a film poster :p really looking forward to this!!

It probably has a budget of a movie

Based on the Simpsons movie is it.. Looks alright, but then again i said that about Arrow, Revolution, Terranova, i could go on.

Just gonna have to watch the first episode see how it goes, if i see a 'PG' come up in the corner though, im instantly turning it off.

Based on the Simpsons movie is it.. Looks alright, but then again i said that about Arrow, Revolution, Terranova, i could go on.

Just gonna have to watch the first episode see how it goes, if i see a 'PG' come up in the corner though, im instantly turning it off.

Simpsons? Come on, more like based off King's 2009 novel which the first chapter and various parts of had been originally written in the late 70s/80s.

If anything, the Simpsons movie had it's idea from the original book idea.

Simpsons? Come on, more like based off King's 2009 novel which the first chapter and various parts of had been originally written in the late 70s/80s.

If anything, the Simpsons movie had it's idea from the original book idea.

Yeah Simpsons copied it!

Dont read King novels so its news to me! Pretty basic idea so i assume Simpsons and King arent the only 2 to think of it anyway, just first one that came to mind!

It's all good, I didn't mean anything by it... sorry if I came off as snobby or jerkish :)