Under The Dome

It's all good, I didn't mean anything by it... sorry if I came off as snobby or jerkish :)

Nah no offence taken! I prefer my fictional books :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone watch this? I thought it was really bad. All of the ads for it had me excited, but I thought the acting was subpar, the writing was poor, the CGI in some places was absolute rubbish. Honestly, it was just bad all around.

The opening bird scene really just ruined the entire episode for me, I couldn't get over how bad it looked. For as much money as what CBS spent on marketing for this show, I would have expected better CGI than what we got.

Oh, and don't get me started on that stupid cow scene. Ugh! (N) 

Anyone watch this? I thought it was really bad. All of the ads for it had me excited, but I thought the acting was subpar, the writing was poor, the CGI in some places was absolute rubbish. Honestly, it was just bad all around.

The opening bird scene really just ruined the entire episode for me, I couldn't get over how bad it looked. For as much money as what CBS spent on marketing for this show, I would have expected better CGI than what we got.

Agreed i thought it was rather horrible, after watching the episode it made me feel bad about having liked the book. now i just have a bad taste for both of them.

Give it a chance. I have read the book and enjoyed it

except the ending but I think the TV show shows some promise. The whole concept is about the interactions with the people being shut out of society. The real stuff is about to go down shortly.

I was a bit concerned about the actor playing Junior, but after the build up, I can't wait to see him

go full psycho

The cow scene was awesome, the book chose a different animal, but still that was pretty cool.

Agreed i thought it was rather horrible, after watching the episode it made me feel bad about having liked the book. now i just have a bad taste for both of them.

I know what you mean. I actually had high hopes for it considering King is an executive producer on the show.  :(

Oh man that Junior Kid was getting on my nerves. I hope he dies. Other than that, interesting premiere, looking forward to see what happens next. 

• Like 2

You know, I didn't even plan on watching it; I did anyway. I'm really glad I did. I'll definitely be watching this for the time being :)

Same here, pleasantly surprised. Really liked it.

Oh man that Junior Kid was getting on my nerves. I hope he dies. Other than that, interesting premiere, looking forward to see what happens next. 

Yeah, that whole lock a girl in the shelter/basement/dungeon thing is disturbing and not really pleasant to watch. Very good show, I'm looking forward to it. Watched it by accident.

Junior is not going to die soon, sorry....  But he is a disturbed kid, even the father is uncomfortable around him.

I'm used/spoiled to watch show from HBO or Showtime.... Going back to plain TV with ads kills me.  The show is what? 42 mins running on 60 with all the ads....

Just checked it out tonight and it was pretty decent watch. Will check out the next episode and go from there.

Trying to not read any reviews, only one i saw is it got good tv ratings (over 13million watched or something) will watch tonight after work ;)

I'm used/spoiled to watch show from HBO or Showtime.... Going back to plain TV with ads kills me.  The show is what? 42 mins running on 60 with all the ads....

That's US TV for ya. Having a DVR helps, then you can timeshift the show so you can skip through commercials. Of course the alternative is watching it later.

That's US TV for ya. Having a DVR helps, then you can timeshift the show so you can skip through commercials. Of course the alternative is watching it later.

Or spending $30+ on a season pass via iTunes or Amazon. Which is outrageous.

That is such a waste of money.

Completely agree. I can't believe people do it, but I suppose if they only watch a handful of shows, doing it every once in a while instead of paying for expensive TV packages, it probably still has them coming out ahead.

(Doing this for OTA shows though is a bit ridiculous, buy an antenna.)

I have a DVR and did watch it later...  But I'm used to Dexter, GofT, ....  Not skipping any ads at all...

seems like people enjoyed the series premiere. i, on the other hand, hated it.

no character development, no one freaking out. people are killed and they just shrug it off. "oh, yeah, theyre dead"

truck smashes into the wall and the women in the car are just like "meh, glad it wasnt us"

oh, and the cliche "she needs her medicine!" routine

seems like people enjoyed the series premiere. i, on the other hand, hated it.

no character development, no one freaking out. people are killed and they just shrug it off. "oh, yeah, theyre dead"

truck smashes into the wall and the women in the car are just like "meh, glad it wasnt us"

oh, and the cliche "she needs her medicine!" routine

It's the first episode, it's like decking the table, there's never any character development in the first episode, there's a limit to how fast people change.

as for freaking out I saw plenty of freaking out, however most peopl didn't even know about the "event" until they where told about it, it's hardly an event to freak out over as such, more like a slow freaking out as the ramifications for each individual starts coming in. 

and for the whole truck thing, that's how most people react to accidents in fact, they don't go screaming their lungs out looking for a brave man to save them, contrary to movie myths ;)