Under The Dome

I watched the first episode only. When I saw the Cow cut in half only to be filled with blood and zero organs I basically went, "alright... what else is on TV". The more people talk about it the more I think I made the right decision.The only intriguing question this show has me ponder is, why people are still talking about it?

Also, if it is indeed a "Dome" that means you can go right on under it, dig people, the show isn't called, "Inside the Sphere".

I watched the first episode only. When I saw the Cow cut in half only to be filled with blood and zero organs I basically went, "alright... what else is on TV". The more people talk about it the more I think I made the right decision.The only intriguing question this show has me ponder is, why people are still talking about it?

Also, if it is indeed a "Dome" that means you can go right on under it, dig people, the show isn't called, "Inside the Sphere".

Junior did that 2 episodes ago, he went in to an abandoned mining area. The dome goes through the ground.

Junior did that 2 episodes ago, he went in to an abandoned mining area. The dome goes through the ground.

So, is the name of the show wrong? Dome's are Hemispheres. I would let it go perhaps if they called it, "Under the Dome that also continues on into the ground for a necessary amount as to drive the shows plot that they are indeed stuck, we are aware that isn't what a Dome is but we tested Dome and it tested well, we nearly named it Under the Force Field, could you imagine? lol anyways here's another crappy show about mystery and intrigue which is really just a fluff piece to help build some revenue out of basically remaking lost without getting sued, we don't expect this show to last long". Sadly that title is just a tad too long to say.

So, is the name of the show wrong? Dome's are Hemispheres. I would let it go perhaps if they called it, "Under the Dome that also continues on into the ground for a necessary amount as to drive the shows plot that they are indeed stuck, we are aware that isn't what a Dome is but we tested Dome and it tested well, we nearly named it Under the Force Field, could you imagine? lol anyways here's another crappy show about mystery and intrigue which is really just a fluff piece to help build some revenue out of basically remaking lost without getting sued, we don't expect this show to last long". Sadly that title is just a tad too long to say.

I never said it is wrong. How do you know the dome does not go deeper into the ground? You know how you see an iceberg and you see a small tip over the water, but goes 100's of feet deep? It's only

4 eps in you guys are crushing the show. If you don't like it, don't watch anymore. I'm just amazed you all keep watching even though you say it sucks. I know you are entitled to your opinion, but I hate having to read all this bashing when there are a couple others trying to talk about the episode.

I never said it is wrong. How do you know the dome does not go deeper into the ground? You know how you see an iceberg and you see a small tip over the water, but goes 100's of feet deep? It's only

4 eps in you guys are crushing the show. If you don't like it, don't watch anymore. I'm just amazed you all keep watching even though you say it sucks. I know you are entitled to your opinion, but I hate having to read all this bashing when there are a couple others trying to talk about the episode.

It's not an iceberg, it's a dome.

I'm not watching it, I'm just bashing it. It's a stupid show and deserves to be called stupid. :) I have the time to waste, it's ok.

I'm not watching it, I'm just bashing it. It's a stupid show and deserves to be called stupid. :) I have the time to waste, it's ok.

That's fine, to each their own.

I've read the book and enjoyed it. I'm watching to see how they are going to end it compared to the book. Still getting used to all the character changes.

R U kidding me? I started watching again. Monarch butterflies and the dad leaves her in the bunker, chained to the bunk, probably suffering from hyphthermia? Wow. I just stopped watching right there.

R U kidding me? I started watching again. Monarch butterflies and the dad leaves her in the bunker, chained to the bunk, probably suffering from hyphthermia? Wow. I just stopped watching right there.

I guess spoiler?

So you missed the part when he goes back before the MOAB strikes the dome and he cuts her free.  

I guess spoiler?

So you missed the part when he goes back before the MOAB strikes the dome and he cuts her free.  

haha, I have it recorded in Media Center. That's a little late for me, it's just too lazy (writing) and ridiculous, but I'll watch it sometime just to see if it can recover from the deep, deep hole.

It what I get for watching Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, & Walking Dead. I've come to expect waaay too much from Network TV. I suppose this isn't cable, but they do have Spieldberg and King.

I thought last night was one of the better episodes. They did explain the butterfly and the dome. How this episode ended really got me looking forward to the next now.

I thought last night was one of the better episodes. They did explain the butterfly and the dome. How this episode ended really got me looking forward to the next now.

I'll give it that. The ending, does generate some anticipation for the next show.

But

Jim, why did you do it? [asking why Jr.s Dad set Angie free and his response is, we'll if we're all gonna die... Really, that's why? Not because young girl chained in flooded bunker screaming at top of lungs, hypothermic. Implying if not for MOAB, father and son are both socio/psychopaths and would have left her there. And there's no way, the way Angie has been acted, fantastically I might add, best performance of show IMO, that she accepts Jr.s excuse. Will have to wait and see on that one. There's more but I won't rip it to shreds, it's OK. Just my expectations way too high after episode one. This is Network TV quality, but entertaining and watchable.

I'll give it that. The ending, does generate some anticipation for the next show.

But

Jim, why did you do it? [asking why Jr.s Dad set Angie free and his response is, we'll if we're all gonna die... Really, that's why? Not because young girl chained in flooded bunker screaming at top of lungs, hypothermic. Implying if not for MOAB, father and son are both socio/psychopaths and would have left her there. And there's no way, the way Angie has been acted, fantastically I might add, best performance of show IMO, that she accepts Jr.s excuse. Will have to wait and see on that one. There's more but I won't rip it to shreds, it's OK. Just my expectations way too high after episode one. This is Network TV quality, but entertaining and watchable.

Well according to this interview http://www.tvguide.com/News/Going-Under-the-Dome-Neal-Baer-Faith-Fear-1068167.aspx (VERY Spoilerish), things are supposed to really pick up from here on. I'd expect the show to really start to shine out. It should make or break this series.

Yeah I can't wait for next weeks now and the ratings were over 11m so its getting better!

Oh god no, not 11m, that might motivate them to give them a season 2

Oh god no, not 11m, that might motivate them to give them a season 2

The chances of a pickup at probably at 75% atm

The ending of epsiode 4 was amazing. I  am going to forget what I read here and wikipedia what happened in epsiode  5 with jims dad (havent seen it yet)

I think that chick with the nice ###### that was locked in the bunker is also crazy! She's always feeling sorry for the guy holding her at gun point.

• Like 1

I think that chick with the nice ###### that was locked in the bunker is also crazy! She's always feeling sorry for the guy holding her at gun point.

hahaha, at the moment she doesn't have much choice. Let's see what happens next week. After daddy left her chained until he learned there would be Armageddon, if she hangs around that spoiled gene pool, bad writing. They can't make her crazy, she's been the most realistic character to this point. Impressed with her believable performance, hopefully she doesn't receive and unbelievable script from this point forward.

Stockholm syndrome plus she knew the dude since they were kids. Technically he still didn't hurt her so she is probably just feeling sorry for him, that's he's damaged in someway which is why he did what he did to her.

There are other questions, too. Where do they get their water, and electricity?

Water:

Water bottles, there should not be any left by now, considering that you drink 1 to 2 litres of water per day, and they can't receive any more bottle from the outside. You'll say that the town has a water tower. True. However, a water tower hold about 1-2 days worth of water. It needs to be refilled, usually at night. How can the water tower be refilled if the pipes bringing water to the tower are severed? The dome, which is not really a dome since it goes really, really, deep inside the earth, more like a sphere if you ask me, would obvious have cut any exterior water supply to the town, so from where does the water come? And to pump water up, you need electricity!

Electricity:

It's the same with electricity. The power lines are cut. So, they have generators, but they run on petrol. Where would that town get petrol to fuel daily use of generators? That town has, what, one petrol station, and no possible way to refill it.

Is it me, or something doesn't compute?

• Like 3