Paramount Officially Moving Forward With 'World War Z' Sequel

Paramount Pictures' World War Z opened with $66M domestically and $111.8M worldwide this weekend, marking Brad Pitt's highest box office debut to date. This is an impressive feat for the $190M zombie thriller, many thought would be one of the biggest box office failures of the year. Last year, the movie's final act was heavily reconstructed, with a couple of writers hired and the film undergoing several weeks of reshoots. This pushed its original release date from December 2012 to June 2013, and it also shelved plans to develop a trilogy based on the successful novel. But with both critics and audiences enjoying the film, Paramount "will now actively turn to developing a sequel", according to The Hollywood Reporter. Director Marc Forster expressed interest in returning recently, as did Pitt. If the film continues to be a box office success, then we may end up seeing a World War Z trilogy.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=82101

Not sure if it warrants a sequel. The ending wasn't that great.. even if it was reshot. 

the ending of the film wasn't ambiguous or ending on a cliffhanger.  if it had remained a standalone movie, you would be able to draw your own conclusions and feel satisfied. 

Not sure if it warrants a sequel. The ending wasn't that great.. even if it was reshot. 

have not seen it however, from what I have heard it was so far from the original story that they could probably get away with a sequel by just making more stuff up.

have not seen it however, from what I have heard it was so far from the original story that they could probably get away with a sequel by just making more stuff up.

I don't know, I felt like there was enough closure to the ending, not saying that it was a great ending..but there was closure 

I heard there's a trilogy planned

Wow. I didn't think it was that good at all. I give it a 5.5/10. But I expect a lot from these types of films. 

Tip: Don't call them zombies, zombies can't run or move that freakin' fast. They called the zombies in the movie, and then remarked that they're hard to kill but a headshot seems to work, duh.