Twinkies Return ... July 15th

NEW YORK ? Hostess is betting on a sweet comeback for Twinkies when they return to shelves next month.

th?id=H.4966108509372947&pid=15.1&H=116&

The company that went bankrupt after an acrimonious fight with its unionized workers last year is back up and running under new owners and a leaner structure. It says it plans to have Twinkies and other snack cakes back on shelves starting July 15.

Based on the outpouring of nostalgia sparked by its demise, Hostess is expecting a blockbuster return next month for Twinkies and other sugary treats, such as CupCakes and Donettes. The company says the cakes will taste the same but that the boxes will now bear the tag line "The Sweetest Comeback In The History Of Ever."

"A lot of impostor products have come to the market while Hostess has been off the shelves," says Daren Metropoulos, a principal of the investment firm Metropoulos & Co., which teamed up with Apollo Global Management to buy a variety of Hostess snacks.

Metropoulos & Co. and Apollo bought Twinkies and other Hostess cakes for $410 million.

Apollo Global Management, founded by Leon Black, is known for buying troubled brands then selling them for a profit.

more

Never liked them but I know a lot of people that will be happy that they have returned.

Paula Deen gets the boot and Twinkies are returning. I've all lost hope for the obesity fight!

They where never gone in Canada. Hostess never went bankrupt in Canada. We still got and to this day fresh supply of all hostess products. My brother sold a whole bunch on Ebay to Americans and he made a few thousand lol. Crazy world these days.

Even we would buy truck loads in Canada and then just drive across the border and sell a box for 50 bucks lol to some obese Americans. They sold so easily.

When you get so many Americans to pay 50 bucks for a box of twinkies that cost like 4 bucks you then realise why the USA is such in a big mess and the country has virtually no savings rate amoung house hold and the country itself is basically going bankrupt to China and other countries lol.

Not to mention the old developed country ( but noon becoming 3rd world ) to not give its citizens a right to a paid vacation from a job, no right to healthcare, no paid maternitiey leave, and most people behind bars than any other country.

It shows that its priorities are junk food lol! No wonder its famous for hot dogs, and other crappy food. No real cuisine food like other countries have lol.

Its ok they think they are number one still and I guess in many ways they still are such as people incarerated, obeseity rate, poverty, crime, college debt, etc etc.

i put a twinky in the garden back in 1980. it was still there early last year & looked much the same.

someone stole it in the last few months tho.

3049661934_5348d6ea61.jpg

all the dumb people hoarding them and selling them on ebay... ugh... I knew this would happen, the brand has too much value to just let it go away

Haven't had a Twinkie since college :/

ain't missing anything..

• Like 2

^ Hostess parted out the various products -- I don't remember who got what.

They may eventually make Ho ho's as well.

Metropoulos & Co. and Apollo bought Twinkies and other Hostess cakes for $410 million.

Apollo and Metropoulos have agreed to pay $410 million to purchase the brands, five bakeries and certain equipment.  Among the products included are the Company's Twinkies?, Ho Hos?, Ding Dongs? and Donettes? snack cakes.

^ I've only eaten a couple in my lifetime, since there wasn't much else around at the time.

I never thought Twinkies were very appealing.

i put a twinky in the garden back in 1980. it was still there early last year & looked much the same.

someone stole it in the last few months tho.

3049661934_5348d6ea61.jpg

I want to call BS on this for so many reasons... because I've seen Twinkies mold, and seen animals eat them out of trash... there is just too many things that would cause it to disappear or rot