• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16 AnotherITguy

AnotherITguy

Neowinian

• 920 posts
  • Phone: Iphone 5C 16GB

Posted 24 June 2013 - 14:01

At the risk of calling ASTRA.XTREME for Flame baiting a religious argument... Astra does it annoy you because he believes in GOD? If so, he is entitled to believe in God.  Just how I find it annoying that you "get annoyed about someone who believes in God". The man almost lost his life, so get over yourself.

#17 Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

• 16,104 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 928 WP8.1u1

Posted 24 June 2013 - 14:14

i do not even like standing on the ladder to change the light bulbs at my house (12 ft ceilings)

#18 AnotherITguy

AnotherITguy

Neowinian

• 920 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 14:17

Amen to that, it bugs the heck out of me too.

#19 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,882 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 14:20

Very cool stunt, but it was extremely annoying hearing him "praise" jesus every 5 seconds.

What would you be saying, knowing that you could die at any moment ... ? ;)

#20 vetneufuse

neufuse

Neowinian Senior

• 16,862 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 15:21

Very cool stunt, but it was extremely annoying hearing him "praise" jesus every 5 seconds.

to us watching it was annoying, to him it was calming and a way to keep himself in the right state of mind

#21 Astra.Xtreme

Astra.Xtreme

Electrical Engineer

• 8,164 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 16:15

At the risk of calling ASTRA.XTREME for Flame baiting a religious argument... Astra does it annoy you because he believes in GOD? If so, he is entitled to believe in God.  Just how I find it annoying that you "get annoyed about someone who believes in God". The man almost lost his life, so get over yourself.

Wow, over-exaggerate much?  Whether he said jesus, satan, or mashed potatoes, it doesn't matter.

The audience gained nothing from hearing his mic other than having to listen to him repeat the same phrases hundreds of times.

I said nothing negative towards the religious aspect for it, so it is you that needs to get over yourself for making that assumption...

#22 dead.cell

dead.cell

My Body My Temple

• 10,297 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active

Posted 24 June 2013 - 16:30

I'm not religious, but after something like that, I'm pretty sure I'd be praising God, Jesus, Zeus, Krishna all the same... :ermm:

#23 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,882 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 16:32

The audience gained nothing from hearing his mic other than having to listen to him repeat the same phrases hundreds of times.

^ The audience probably wanted to hear his blood curdling scream as he fell off the wire. :laugh:

And there is a Mute button on the remote, for a reason ...

#24 Astra.Xtreme

Astra.Xtreme

Electrical Engineer

• 8,164 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 16:36

^ The audience probably wanted to hear his blood curdling scream as he fell off the wire. :laugh:

And there is a Mute button on the remote, for a reason ...

One of the female commentators in the beginning sounded like she wanted to see him fall.

But yeah having the mic and also camera at the "impact zone" on the ground was a little fishy.  :rofl:

#25 vetneufuse

neufuse

Neowinian Senior

• 16,862 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 17:49

One of the female commentators in the beginning sounded like she wanted to see him fall.

But yeah having the mic and also camera at the "impact zone" on the ground was a little fishy.  :rofl:

they where there for documentation reasons... this family always documents everything they do so they can watch it again and learn what was right, what was wrong, what to improve next time... not to get a close up of a body smashing

#26 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 22:55

Man, I could never do something like that. That is nerves of steel.

#27 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,882 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 23:02

I wonder if anyone was following Wallenda along, with one of those stunt air mattresses, just in case ...

#28 cropcircles

cropcircles

Neowinian

• 1,455 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 23:19

When your walking on a two inch rope across the Grand Canyon you can praise whoever the hell you want. The guys balls could be seen from space. It freaked me out watching him at times and I had to turn the channel, just to turn it back a few minutes later. Unbelievable balls to do what he did. Watching that wind kick up and his focus was amazing. How much money did he make from doing this.  One of the greatest stunts of all time.

- What the Discovery Channel needs to do now is offer people $50,000 to try and walk across the Canyon to see if they could make it. Turn it into a weekly show.  

#29 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,882 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 23:37

^ It was not the Grand Canyon exactly, as I tried to make sure no one thought so, in the OP. ;)

Little Colorado River Gorge

#30 AnotherITguy

AnotherITguy

Neowinian

• 920 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 22:11

Soo, what do I owe this RULE BREAKING HAS CONSQUENCES, THINK BEFORE YOU POST thingy?