7 posts in this topic

Posted

Millions of clumsy cellphone users have been in the situation shown in this video: One minute your iPhone

Posted

All well and good, but I was told recently that the iPhone 5 cannot be repaired in such a fashion as the screen has a chip that is hardware coded to the phone itself?

If this is the case, then there goes their plan?

Posted

iPhone 5 screens are easy as to repair nik, the problem is they are expensive compared to 4/4S. So half the time it's better to go to Apple and keep your warranty. 

Posted

Ah fair play :)  Stand corrected (and a little more educated) :)

Posted

Something tells me that fixing cell phones is a lucrative business.  We have a store here that has grown exponentially in the last few years just by fixing phones only. 

Maybe I should drop my Computer Security Major for cell phone repair ---- NAH!  :)

Posted

Say what you want about Samsung phones, but I dropped my GNEX off a roof several months ago and the screen cracked.  Easy and cheap to replace the glass.  All Samsung Galaxy series phones are like this.

Does this company fix more than iPhones?  If so, curious on how much the are making from that to.

Posted

I used to fix iPhones for friends until the iPhone 4. Then they became a pain in the ass to replace screens on. Before you took out the screws and pulled the old screen off. Now you take out the screws and EVERY SINGLE COMPONENT INSIDE to replace a screen. Too many tiny screws for my patience, haha. I've swapped screens on an iPhone 3G at a bar even they were so easy.