Casual 1080p gaming.

Hello everyone

I am looking forward to purchasing a new GPU. I have my eyes on Radeon 7770.

I'll be playing Battlefield 4, Crysis 3, and the likes

I don't want everything to be maxed out, i.e. I can easily play at 30 fps and I can also live with medium settings.

So, is 7770 enough?

Thanks

I think you'll be fine with RV7770

It plays Crysis 3, at high, not very high, at 1080p, at around 35 fps. So I'd say you'll be fine.

Battlefield 4 wont be significantly more demanding than 3, so you'll be fine there too.

Hard to say anything about upcoming games. We wont know till they get here

The HD 7770 is not a very good value. Try to stretch your budget for a GTX 650 Ti or HD 7790; for 20-30$ more, you'll get way better performance. Both can be found for 130-140$ on newegg.

If you can't afford at least a 7850 then just save a couple more weeks/months. 

Especially if you want to play BF4, that means you'll be using it a year from now. Right now the 7770 is adequate for low-mid range gaming , but not for long. You definitely will NOT want to be playing BF4 on a 7770. I don't know why poster above thinks it will not be much more demanding than BF3, its currently still in alpha so no one knows how it will run, and everything shown so far shows alot of new effects and rendering techniques. BF3 came out almost 2 years ago now, and had pretty high requirements for the time. I doubt BF4 will be any different.

It is on a new version of frostbite after all: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-25-new-dice-video-shows-how-frostbite-3-makes-battlefield-4-better

My workmate brought a 7770 last month. He only plays BF3 at only 1440 x 900 on low, and gets anout 30-40fps in 64 player battles, with it occasionally dipping into the 10's/20's. 

Also make sure you have a decent CPU for BF3/4. At very least an i3/phenom x4 , battlefield does not run well on budget dual cores.