Photo
california beach access no-trespassing security guards escape apps public access point

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 22:36

Sounds like rich people thinking they are privileged over the rest of us, like usual.

#17 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,005 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 22:48

You are right about the litter that sucks, that should be enforced some how but not by the local residents doing sometimes illegal things.  Even I have to pick up trash in my community from people partying.  I get sick of cleaning up corona bottles and empty beer cases but still I do it.  That is part of where I live since it hard to enforce. 

Thinking more of this.  Why are there no trash cans on this beach if it is public? Does the city not want people going there, if so why make it public? 

I liked your post.

I am guessing cash-strapped California counties don't want to find the money for toilets and trash pick-up.

People who don't go to the beach won't want to pay for this.

I guess all you could do is charge a small fee to cover this cost.

#18 moloko

moloko

Neowinian Senior

• 2,699 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 13:09

And that's what it comes down to. If the local government doesn't do what its highest tax payers are asking, what choice they have at that point. I'm not supporting them doing anything illegal, but can you blame them for becoming creative to resolve the matter.

Not sure why thinking so much about it, but I am seeing both sides.  Both sides are right and wrong.  Next time I am in Cali I will go see for myself :D.

#19 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 19:56

I guess all you could do is charge a small fee to cover this cost.

Put that way, it sounds like another tax on top of the other 15 jillion ways they tax us now.

#20 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,005 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 22:49

^ I doubt many would empty the toilets and pick up the trash for free.  ;)

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!