Apple Seeds iOS 7 Beta 2 to Developers with iPad Support

Apple Seeds iOS 7 Beta 2 to Developers with iPad Support

Two weeks after Apple released the first beta version of iOS 7 following its unveiling at the company's Worldwide Developers Conference, Apple has just released a second beta for testing. The update is currently available through Apple's over-the-air updating system on iOS devices, and should be posted soon to the iOS Dev Center.

ios_7_beta_2.jpg

The beta 2 appears as build 11A4400f, up from the previous 11a4372q.

iOS 7 is scheduled for release in the fall of this year, undoubtedly alongside new iOS hardware. Apple's iPhone, iPad, and iPad mini will all be due for updates in the latter portion of this year, and if past history is any indication iOS 7 should be made available to the public just a few days before the launch of the next-generation iPhone.

Updates on changes in beta 2:

- Beta 2 is available not only for iPhone and iPod touch, but also iPad. The first beta did not include official iPad, with Apple announcing that iPad versions of iOS 7 would follow in the coming weeks.

- ATFDL reports that users who installed beta 1 without officially signing up for Apple's developer program and registering their UDIDs are finding that their devices have been bricked after installing beta 2.

- In line with previous hints, the Voice Memos app has returned in beta 2.

Source: Mac Rumours

wow.. Bricking peoples phones? Is this true? 

I just got an over the air update for it and I definately notice it is a little snappier for sure. Siri does sound better now. 

I just got an over the air update for it and I definately notice it is a little snappier for sure. Siri does sound better now.  

People know the risks when they do that. This is still a developer preview meant for testing - if people "must" have the latest software, and essentially steal it to get it, they have to live with the consequences if it goes wrong.

Bricking in the sense that the phone won't activate, requiring you to restore to a version that will (iOS 6.1.3 or so). You can still install this without registering the UDID using the same method as beta 1. OTA should only be done if the UDID is registered.

Just updated mine, and working fine here, loving the new updates and how Siri works this time :)

Feels snappier, and the transitions are definitely faster

Is it just me, or do those screenshots make it look a bit.... well.... "Meh" on an iPad? Every video and screenshot I've seen of this running on an iPhone practically has me salivating, but these screens from 9to5mac running it on an iPad? I don't know it just doesn't look.... well... right.

Is it just me, or do those screenshots make it look a bit.... well.... "Meh" on an iPad? Every video and screenshot I've seen of this running on an iPhone practically has me salivating, but these screens from 9to5mac running it on an iPad? I don't know it just doesn't look.... well... right.

In the flesh - the dock is appallingly ugly. Everything else is very pretty indeed IMO. 

Still keeps crashes randomly for me and Skype still crashing when I go to "Recent".

I also see too many "Notifications" for my Gmail app.

Even when a message is marked as "read" and is even deleted, the Gmail app notifications goes nuts!!!

nearme.png?w=300

I also hate the fact they removed the App Genius in App Store. The "Near Me" feature is 100% useless.  See more details about this silly decision from Apple at:

http://techcrunch.com/2013/06/11/why-apple-gave-up-on-genius-for-apps-and-whats-next-for-the-app-stores-long-tail/

In the flesh - the dock is appallingly ugly. Everything else is very pretty indeed IMO. 

At least I am not the only who thinks this.  The new dock is shockingly bad and takes up way too much screen space.

Still keeps crashes randomly for me and Skype still crashing when I go to "Recent".

I also see too many "Notifications" for my Gmail app.

Even when a message is marked as "read" and is even deleted, the Gmail app notifications goes nuts!!!

nearme.png?w=300

I also hate the fact they removed the App Genius in App Store. The "Near Me" feature is 100% useless.  See more details about this silly decision from Apple at:

http://techcrunch.com/2013/06/11/why-apple-gave-up-on-genius-for-apps-and-whats-next-for-the-app-stores-long-tail/

It's a preview. Things wont work right, will be unfinished etc etc.