Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damo R.

books I Am Legend Author Matheson Dies

4 posts in this topic

Prolific and hugely influential genre writer Richard Matheson died Sunday at the age of 87. His family announced the sad news to his fans on Facebook.

The iconic author penned such classic sci-fi and horror tales I Am Legend, What Dreams May Come, The Incredible Shrinking Man, Somewhere in Time, and A Stir of Echoes, all of which were adapted for the silver screen with varying degrees of success.Matheson's short stories also served as the basis for the recent films Real Steel and The Box, both of which had been previously adapted for the small screen. Matheson also authored Duel, which was Steven Spielberg's first feature-length film.

Matheson was already an established author of sci-fi, horror and fantasy short stories and novels when he wrote 14 episodes for Rod Serling's groundbreaking TV series The Twilight Zone, including the now-classic William Shatner episode "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet" and an adaptation of his 1955 short story "Steel," which is also the basis for the Hugh Jackman film Real Steel.

I Am Legend is probably the Matheson story that Hollywood's had a crack at the most, with Vincent Price starring in the 1964 adaptation The Last Man on Earth and the Charlton Heston classic The Omega Man preceding Will Smith's 2007 blockbuster.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/25/iconic-genre-author-richard-matheson-dies

Rest in peace, really love reading his books :( .

Scirwode

RIP Sir.

Jezzz...not a bad body of work

RIP. "What Dreams May Come" is one of my most favourite movies.