Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damo R.

movies 'Dredd 3D' sequel rumour causes DVD sales spike

6 posts in this topic

Rumours of a sequel to Dredd 3D have caused an apparent spike in DVD sales.

The 2012 comic book movie reboot leaped up Amazon's charts after it was reported that a follow-up to the well-received film was under consideration, reports Robot 6.

A post on the 'Make a Dredd Sequel' Facebook page has claimed that "DNA Films will be reviewing the Blu-ray/DVD sales of Dredd in the coming weeks and will be deciding whether or not to make a sequel".

The Dredd Blu-ray currently occupies Amazon.co.uk's top spot and has jumped from 260th to 30th position on Amazon.com.

Despite reaching number one in the UK box office, the movie underperformed in the US.

After the props were auctioned off, the chances of a sequel were considered slim, but star Karl Urban has said that a Dredd follow-up is "not off the agenda".

"Clearly everyone has woken up to the fact that an audience has found this movie and loves it," he explained. "It's entirely possible, and if people want to see another instalment then they should be vocal about that, because it can happen."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a492880/dredd-3d-sequel-rumour-causes-dvd-sales-spike.html

Woohoo! Dredd was awesome. I wasn't expecting much so I just watched it on Amazon On Demand when it came out. About 45 minutes in I had already placed my order for the Blu-ray. Would love to see another.

Dredd was awesome. It was so artistic and well done. Looking forward to the Sequel. 

I too and looking forward to a sequel. :)

watched it at the movies and thought it was ok, but have watch 3 more times and i enjoy it now. Happy to see this.

Dredd was awesome. It was so artistic and well done. Looking forward to the Sequel.

Yeah I agree, I want to see a sequel so bad