Juno Star Ellen Page says The Last of Us 'ripped off' her likeness

6C7997430-ellie.blocks_desktop_medium.jp

If you've played Sony and Naughty Dog's new masterpiece of a zombie game "The Last of Us," you might have noticed that one of the main characters, a 14-year-old girl named Ellie, bears an uncanny resemblance to "Juno" and "Inception" star Ellen Page. Apparently, Page herself noticed the similarity too. And as she explained in a Reddit AMA this past Sunday, she's not happy about it.

"I guess I should be flattered that they [Naughty Dog] ripped off my likeness," she wrote in response to a question about her feelings toward "The Last of Us" and her similarities with the character Ellie. "But I am actually acting in a video game called Beyond: Two Souls, so it was not appreciated."

The game that Page mentioned she is acting in is another highly anticipated title that Sony is producing exclusively for the PlayStation 3 console. Due out in early October, "Beyond: Two Souls" is also set to be released just four months after "The Last of Us" first appeared on the PS3.

6C7997435-g-ent-110322-ellen-641p.blocks

Source: NBC News

Gees bit of a stretch imo.

Leon kennedy is pretty much a watered down version of me but just because were both male, have awesome hair and infinite lives doesn't mean they copied my likeness.

i did not really see it, however, for obvious reasons she does look like the character from beyond 2 souls.

They look pretty similar to me.  They even named her Ellie...

I can see her point, but it's just free advertising to me.  What would I care if someone used my likeness?

Yes it looks like her. It looks much more like her than not like her. But isn't that a good thing? Why is this a bad thing?

They kind of look the same, IMO.

What would I care if someone used my likeness?

Actors take that very seriously.  In Back to the Future 2, when Marty's parents came over to hydrate a pizza, George enters the house upside down because his back was thrown out.  Well, that was not the same actor (Crispin Glover) as the first film.  Crispin sued because they used his likeness.  He won the lawsuit.

My wife thought it was her when we came to her in game.

Yeah, it does look like her, then again, it looks like a lot of different people out there. Naughty dog should have a good reason their artist used that face :)

The image linked in the article does resemble a younger Ellen Page.  So I can see the connection.  She might win at this one if she pursues damages.

I'm not sure how much longer Ellen Page is going to remain popular.  I really liked her in Juno and before that in Trailer Park Boys.  She was a very bold young actress.  But her last couple of movies, Inception in particular, she played a very bland personality.  I don't think she is as good of an actress as she is just a pretty face to be honest.  I doubt she will still be making movies in her 30's.

Ellen page, she's a has been anyway.  Naughty dog changed the character in the final game because in all the pre-release stuff she did indeed look like Ellen page, but in the final game they look NOTHING alike.