Outlander (Season 1)

1372181288.jpg

Based on the series of novels by Diana Gabaldon and developed for television by Battlestar Galactica?s Ron Moore, Outlander spans the genres of romance, science fiction, history, and adventure in one grandiose tale. It follows the story of Claire Randall, a married combat nurse from 1945 who is mysteriously swept back in time to 1743, where she is immediately thrown into an unknown world where her life is threatened. When she is forced to marry Jamie Fraser, a chivalrous and romantic young Scottish warrior, a passionate affair is ignited that tears Claire?s heart between two vastly different men in two irreconcilable lives. The drama series is being produced by Tall Ship Productions, Story Mining & Supply Company and Left Bank Pictures in association with Sony Pictures Television. The executive producers are Ronald D. Moore and Jim Kohlberg. Sony Pictures Television is handling global distribution.

?We are thrilled to be bringing ?Outlander? to Starz next year,? said Chris Albrecht, CEO of Starz. ?Diana has created an incredibly compelling heroine, thrust into a very complex world, not to mention, time. The books weave a fascinating tapestry of history, spirituality, love and honor, not to mention plenty of time travel, sex and warfare. With Diana?s stories guiding us and Ron?s mastery, we hope to bring Claire and Jamie to life for the millions of fans the world over.?

Executive Producer Ronald D. Moore added: ?I?m very excited to have the opportunity to bring these books to life. Diana?s created a rich and textured world filled with intriguing characters, and I believe that Starz is the perfect home for her story. I think we?ll make something that the millions of fans of these books will enjoy and recognize as ?Outlander.??

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2013/06/its-official-starz-picks-up-outlander-to-series-with-16-episode-order/

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

puFbk.jpg

Lotte Verbeek, best known as Italian temptresse Giulia Farnese on Showtime?s The Borgias, has joined Starz?s upcoming series adaptation of Diana Gabaldon?s popular novels, sources confirm to TVLine exclusively.

As has been rumored online for some time, Verbeek will portray Geillis Duncan.

http://tvline.com/2013/10/14/outlander-season-1-cast-lotte-verbeek-geillis-duncan-witch/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

ib0qI26iZ8KjwR.png

Sony TV-produced Outlander, Outlander 2014currently in production on its 16-episode freshman season, will do at least one more. ?I would be shocked if we didn?t do the second book,? Starz CEO Chris Albrecht told me after the Scotland-set show?s session at TCA that featured writer and showrunner Ron Moore in a kilt.

• 3 months later...

sounds interesting

Sure does. I'll definitely be checking it out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...