Outlander (Season 1)

'Outlander' renewed for second season

Break out the whiskey, Outlander fans: Starz? time-travel romance has been greenlit for season 2.

The series adapted from Diana Gabaldon?s bestselling novels will return, presumably next year. The second season will be based upon the second of Gabaldon?s eight Outlander novels ? Dragonfly in Amber.

But wait: Season 2 could be shorter than the first (or, less likely, longer). Starz isn?t specifying an episode count at this early stage and is only publicly committing to ?at least? 13 episodes for the next round. The current debut season is 16 episodes ? which is considered a rather large commitment for a premium cable drama (most pay cable shows have 13 annual episodes, but several have less ? including that other novel-based fantasy drama, HBO?s Game of Thrones, which has 10 per year).

Starz says viewership of last week?s premiere has surpassed 5 million views across all platforms, and ? the network emphasized ? drew roughly equal male and female viewership. ?The overwhelming support Outlander has received from the fans, viewers and critics made the decision for us to go ahead with the second book a very easy one,? said Starz? CEO Chris Albrecht. ?Diana Gabaldon has given us years of great drama. With an incredible artist such as Ronald D. Moore at the helm and a cast as spectacular as this, we look forward to continue this spell-binding journey with Claire, Jamie, Frank, Brianna, Roger and everybody over the centuries.?

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if other time travelers exist because of the song telling of a person touching a stone and ending up in another place.

I bet that red haired lady who helped that farty guy is a time traveler.

• 3 weeks later...

I was very skeptical of this show, but since Ron Moore was behind it, I decided to give it a look and must say I have been hooked,

It's very well produced show, and co-indecently being broadcast at a time when The Scots are having the vote for independence, at first I was

against the Scots wanting to separate from Great Britain, but after watching last Saturdays episode, now I'm not to sure, maybe the Scots

should be an independent country.

Anyhow the show is very well written and produced, but s bit too predictable is some cases, as we know Claire isn't going to go back to 1945

anytime soon, otherwise there wouldn't be a show anymore.

I was very skeptical of this show, but since Ron Moore was behind it, I decided to give it a look and must say I have been hooked,

It's very well produced show, and co-indecently being broadcast at a time when The Scots are having the vote for independence, at first I was

against the Scots wanting to separate from Great Britain, but after watching last Saturdays episode, now I'm not to sure, maybe the Scots

should be an independent country.

Anyhow the show is very well written and produced, but s bit too predictable is some cases, as we know Claire isn't going to go back to 1945

anytime soon, otherwise there wouldn't be a show anymore.

at first thought it is mainly a romance story with all the usual stuff , but it is more than that & the characters & acting are interesting & good :woot:

Outlander Post Mortem: Sam Heughan Bares All About the Wedding Night

TVLINE | What kind of conversations did you have about the episode before you started filming?
Diana [Gabaldon, author of the novels on which the series is based ] has been there for us from the very start. I don?t think she specifically gave us anything for that episode. She?s given us a lot of freedom to play the characters how we feel. She?s always there if we?ve got any questions and occasionally she?ll pitch in with something. I know she watches the rushes each day. Sometimes we?ll film something one day and the next morning, I?ll have a comment from her in my inbox?. Hopefully she likes what we?re doing

?Outlander? Costume Designer on Wedding Dresses, Kilts and Corsets

OK, we have to talk about this wedding dress
a dress that would be incredible in candlelight & kind of clean and simple and drop-dead ornate ; that a modern audience could believe was a wedding dress from a period where they didn?t really have wedding dresses. People weren?t wearing white gowns. We needed something that could straddle that line
Is that also why there?s so much cleavage involved in the dress?
The cleavage is involved in the dress because in the 18th century, there were those kinds of dresses. We?ll see next season when we go to the French court, there?s a lot of cleavage. Victoria?s Secret doesn?t fake the 18th century on their runways for no reason

Sam Heughan on Jamie

'Outlander': Sam Heughan on Jamie and Claire's Wedding, Nerve-wracking Sex Scenes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q16d0I_uXPw

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

TCA 15: 'Outlander' author on whether the Starz drama has blurred her imagination

Diana Gabaldon, author of the popular time-traveling book series "Outlander," is now finding it hard to separate fiction from fiction.

Gabaldon, who experienced renewed attentionin the wake of the show's launch, is working on the ninth book in the series and said seeing the TV show come to life and the route it takes won't -- well, can't -- influence the next installment

Winter TCA press tour - LA Times