I was a Windows user from 1995 until 2010, when I discovered OSX. Which I still feel is more useable and faster than Windows. However I miss all the games and social gaming (meaning playing online with friends, not games on social networking sites), and the huge Library of software for Windows. So I am considering switching back, and asking for people's input.
I have the following arguments for changing:
- More customisation
- Far better gaming platform both online and off-line
- While having a high initial cost, hardware upgrades bit by bit will make the system cheaper and more futureproof overall
Reasons against changing:
- Upfront cost will likely to about £1500 for a decent gaming pc, Monitor, and a copy of Windows
- Windows has had undergone many silly design choices since Windows XP (especially with the networking control panel)
I'm not that interested in syncing my devices so I don't object too much to losing the connection my mac and iPhone share.
So questions, thoughts and opinions before I make this decision would be appreciated.
Since it seems like the option to add a poll has gone: the choices are:
- Leave things as they are
- Build a PC with Windows 7 (more familiar)
- Build a PC with Windows 8 (cheaper, but possibly less compatible with older software)