xbox one

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Razorwing

Razorwing

Rocket

• Phone: HTC One

Posted 25 June 2013 - 23:57

Microsoft has confirmed to IGN that Xbox One will not come bundled with a headset, as per Xbox 360 tradition. Instead, Microsoft points to Kinect's "highly sensitive multi-array microphones designed to enable voice inputs and chat as a system-level capability, both in-game and with Skype and other experiences."

If you want a standard Microsoft Xbox One headset (which Microsoft calls "a must-have," ironically), you'll have to purchase it separately. Additionally, Turtle Beach headsets and Polk headphones will be available following the console's launch. For context, Sony doesn't default to packing a headset with PlayStation hardware, but the PlayStation 4 is bundling a mono earpiece and mic.

http://ca.ign.com/ar...source=facebook

I'm starting to think now that Our Expensive headsets won't work with the Next Gen Consoles. 

#2 Mr.XXIV

Mr.XXIV

Shine bright like Iron Man.

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 26 June 2013 - 00:01

I'm starting to think now that Our Expensive headsets won't work with the Next Gen Consoles. 

Depends if it runs on USB or HDMI/RBG extension. I don't think there'll be a compatibility problem.

#3 vetMathachew

Mathachew

Wise beyond my youth... that's what she said!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 00:05

Nice, because I totally want to talk with someone at 2am through a Kinect's "highly sensitive multi-array microphones" while everyone else in my house is sleeping.

#4 Enron

Enron

Windows for Workgroups

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 26 June 2013 - 00:10

Nice, because I totally want to talk with someone at 2am through a Kinect's "highly sensitive multi-array microphones" while everyone else in my house is sleeping.

More importantly, who are you talking to at 2 a.m. and who are you worried about waking up?

#5 OP Razorwing

Razorwing

Rocket

• Phone: HTC One

Posted 26 June 2013 - 00:22

Depends if it runs on USB or HDMI/RBG extension. I don't think there'll be a compatibility problem.

some headsets like my Tritton AX720 use Optical and a line to the controller. There could be. 

#6 vetMathachew

Mathachew

Wise beyond my youth... that's what she said!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:43

More importantly, who are you talking to at 2 a.m. and who are you worried about waking up?

Someone I'm cooping with, and my wife and three children? Replace 2am with any time, the point remains the same.

#7 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:46

It'll probably work a hell of a lot better than your headset. 

#8 +-T-

-T-

Trapmaster

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:09

Then buy a readily available headset to suit your specific needs

#9 TITAN XO-16

TITAN XO-16

Neowinian

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:26

All this over a headset........

#10 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2 (VM)

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:29

So they overprice the console and don't even bother to give you the basic headset.

#11 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:34

So they overprice the console and don't even bother to give you the basic headset.

Did anyone even use the ten cent piece of crap they included in the X360?  Kinect is worth the money...the headset I didn't even know why they bothered including it.

#12 Elliot B.

Elliot B.

Over 12 years on Neowin

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:44

Surely using the Kinect for voice during gaming would result in an echo on the other end? (unless you were using headphones, which I never do)

#13 Juddy

Juddy

formerly compl3x

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:54

Kinect is worth the money...*

*to be determined

#14 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:37

*to be determined

The first gen wasn't all that hot except for the fantastic mic array.  The second gen should be about thirty billion times better (rough estimate ;) )

Surely using the Kinect for voice during gaming would result in an echo on the other end? (unless you were using headphones, which I never do)

The echo cancellation and sound quality are much better than most audio setups on PC are capable of.  I wouldn't put it right next to a speaker mind you, but I did use it over Xbox Live and it worked great.  First gen did catch keyboard/mouse clicks when used on the PC, but that's not going to be an issue on the console obviously.

#15 Juddy

Juddy

formerly compl3x

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:32

The first gen wasn't all that hot except for the fantastic mic array.  The second gen should be about thirty billion times better (rough estimate ;) )

I hope it is better. Kinect, for me, so far hasn't been all that impressive or useful.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!