• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 GotBored

GotBored

Brain Trust

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:36

The New PS Eye, seems very similar to the Kinect.

I'm hoping they get rid of the move controllers completely as I think Microsoft's controller-free motion control is far better.

Anyone know any more info about the PS4 Eye, will it be able to detect facial expressions and how quick is the response time? How many people can it track at one time and is there still a requirement for the Move controllers / Orbs?

#2 compl3x

compl3x

One day until retirement

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:23

I don't really go in for these camera/motion control gimmicks.

#3 OP GotBored

GotBored

Brain Trust

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:47

I don't really go in for these camera/motion control gimmicks.

Well that's your own personal choice, I don't really see the point of posting in this thread when it doesn't interest you but I guess to each their own.

#4 compl3x

compl3x

One day until retirement

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:53

If the last PS3 camera and Move peripherals are anything to go by, I am not the only one. I bought the move bundle and rarely used it.

#5 OP GotBored

GotBored

Brain Trust

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:58

If the last PS3 camera and Move peripherals are anything to go by, I am not the only one. I bought the move bundle and rarely used it.

Yes I bought it also and rarely used it too, I had a X360 with kinect though and i did use that, 

I'm hoping the PS4 Eye would be on the same track as the kinect cause games like Just Dance or even boxing, sports etc can be a lot of fun with it.

I also envisioned this type of gaming to be more than it was, like complete story based games which were controller free.. for example imagine playing infamous just by body movement it would make gamers into fitness junkies, or fitness junkies into gamers.

#6 Rodrigo

Rodrigo

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 June 2013 - 17:16

for example imagine playing infamous just by body movement it would make gamers into fitness junkies, or fitness junkies into gamers.

Is this something you expect to happen? Since the PS Eye/Move are barely adopted by users.

Serious question.

#7 threetonesun

threetonesun

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 27 June 2013 - 17:29

I think the Wii did motion controls the best. Few people want games that are 100% movement based, as it's too inaccurate and only works with a limited set of genres. So you can hold a controller and move, but most people still want to be able to move their hands independently.

#8 OP GotBored

GotBored

Brain Trust

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:15

Is this something you expect to happen? Since the PS Eye/Move are barely adopted by users.

Serious question.

I was hoping it was to happen, just as an optional extra so players could still play these games with a controller. But also with the PS Eye/Move if they wanted to.

I know it wasn't adopted by many users but I believe that's because its not at the stage where it is a decent opposition to a controller in regards to accuracy, latency and control options.

Even if it were I'm sure many would still stick with the controller, but I know I wouldn't, 

#9 OP GotBored

GotBored

Brain Trust

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:09

Been awhile and still no news on PS4 Eye requiring move controllers for games or not, anyone have any info in regards to this?

#10 Thief000

Thief000

Neowinian

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:48

Move is the only PS3 accessory compatible with the PS4, but no, there will be next to no games implementing it, especially now that the PS Eye is not included in the basic SKU anymore.

#11 HawkMan

HawkMan

Badass Viking

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:15

Move is the only PS3 accessory compatible with the PS4, but no, there will be next to no games implementing it, especially now that the PS Eye is not included in the basic SKU anymore.

anymore ? it never was ?

interesting how the xbox way is suddenly the best now, I distinctly seem to recall you "had" to have a controller. 

Good thing the PS4 is catching up though, to bad it's using simple stereo vision and needs a well lit room to work still. 

#12 killerninja

killerninja

Neowinian

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:20

yeah i thought i saw it on wednesday but maybe it was yellow

#13 Thief000

Thief000

Neowinian

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:49

anymore ? it never was ?

interesting how the xbox way is suddenly the best now, I distinctly seem to recall you "had" to have a controller. 

Good thing the PS4 is catching up though, to bad it's using simple stereo vision and needs a well lit room to work still. 

It was there integrated in every PS4 development kit, so the assumption was that it was going to be there for every developer too. It was cut to undercut MS in price.

#14 killerninja

killerninja

Neowinian

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:04

It was there integrated in every PS4 development kit, so the assumption was that it was going to be there for every developer too. It was cut to undercut MS in price.

What about when Forbes magazine mentioned the thing about that wheel

#15 OP GotBored

GotBored

Brain Trust

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:05

I have no clue what the last few posts are talking about so I will try to make my question clearer.

Will the PS4 Eye require the use of the Move Controller (Glowing Orb thing) to actually play PS4 Eye games (Like Just Dance 2014, fitness type games, etc)

Or will it be completely controller free like the kinect-kinect 2.0?

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!