The New PS Eye, seems very similar to the Kinect.

I'm hoping they get rid of the move controllers completely as I think Microsoft's controller-free motion control is far better.

Anyone know any more info about the PS4 Eye, will it be able to detect facial expressions and how quick is the response time? How many people can it track at one time and is there still a requirement for the Move controllers / Orbs?

I don't really go in for these camera/motion control gimmicks.

Well that's your own personal choice, I don't really see the point of posting in this thread when it doesn't interest you but I guess to each their own.

If the last PS3 camera and Move peripherals are anything to go by, I am not the only one. I bought the move bundle and rarely used it.

• Like 2

If the last PS3 camera and Move peripherals are anything to go by, I am not the only one. I bought the move bundle and rarely used it.

Yes I bought it also and rarely used it too, I had a X360 with kinect though and i did use that, 

I'm hoping the PS4 Eye would be on the same track as the kinect cause games like Just Dance or even boxing, sports etc can be a lot of fun with it.

I also envisioned this type of gaming to be more than it was, like complete story based games which were controller free.. for example imagine playing infamous just by body movement it would make gamers into fitness junkies, or fitness junkies into gamers.

for example imagine playing infamous just by body movement it would make gamers into fitness junkies, or fitness junkies into gamers.

Is this something you expect to happen? Since the PS Eye/Move are barely adopted by users.

Serious question.

I think the Wii did motion controls the best. Few people want games that are 100% movement based, as it's too inaccurate and only works with a limited set of genres. So you can hold a controller and move, but most people still want to be able to move their hands independently.

Is this something you expect to happen? Since the PS Eye/Move are barely adopted by users.

Serious question.

I was hoping it was to happen, just as an optional extra so players could still play these games with a controller. But also with the PS Eye/Move if they wanted to.

I know it wasn't adopted by many users but I believe that's because its not at the stage where it is a decent opposition to a controller in regards to accuracy, latency and control options.

Even if it were I'm sure many would still stick with the controller, but I know I wouldn't, 

• 2 months later...

Move is the only PS3 accessory compatible with the PS4, but no, there will be next to no games implementing it, especially now that the PS Eye is not included in the basic SKU anymore.

anymore ? it never was ?

interesting how the xbox way is suddenly the best now, I distinctly seem to recall you "had" to have a controller. 

Good thing the PS4 is catching up though, to bad it's using simple stereo vision and needs a well lit room to work still. 

anymore ? it never was ?

interesting how the xbox way is suddenly the best now, I distinctly seem to recall you "had" to have a controller. 

Good thing the PS4 is catching up though, to bad it's using simple stereo vision and needs a well lit room to work still. 

It was there integrated in every PS4 development kit, so the assumption was that it was going to be there for every developer too. It was cut to undercut MS in price.

It was there integrated in every PS4 development kit, so the assumption was that it was going to be there for every developer too. It was cut to undercut MS in price.

What about when Forbes magazine mentioned the thing about that wheel

I have no clue what the last few posts are talking about so I will try to make my question clearer.

Will the PS4 Eye require the use of the Move Controller (Glowing Orb thing) to actually play PS4 Eye games (Like Just Dance 2014, fitness type games, etc)

Or will it be completely controller free like the kinect-kinect 2.0?

I have no clue what the last few posts are talking about so I will try to make my question clearer.

Will the PS4 Eye require the use of the Move Controller (Glowing Orb thing) to actually play PS4 Eye games (Like Just Dance 2014, fitness type games, etc)

Or will it be completely controller free like the kinect-kinect 2.0?

I think it will be a combo of both.. I can see gamers not needin the eye for Dance games...

But needin it for more involved games, such as a character walking and such (well at least the navigation controller)

I just hope, developers still make games with The PS4 Eye in mind. People can laugh and dog this kind of Tech, but with developer support, I can only see it getting BETTER, as the years roll on...and dedicated camera resources get cheaper, and more powerful.

I may DOG Sony heavily as of late.. But I do want the PS4/Eye to be a VERY GOOD product. It only drives the gaming industry forward.

And Sony does have to be looked at as one of the industry standards. As with MS & the BIG-N

Personally. my idea option would be the Kinect2, with a universal wireless high speed low latency data connection. 

That way your Xbox, TV, PS4, Sat tuner and whatever could all connect to the same camera, and use whatever functions of it they need, form just camera, to depth, to cutout to skeletons and so on. and you would only need one camera on top of the TV. 

Unlike today, when you may have a Samsung TV with a useless, center mounted built in camera, so you can't place the kinect in the middle but need to offset it, and if you also have a PS4, then you need two cameras on top of the tv...

Yes, although the Eye makes use of the standard DS4 as well.  But it will be backwards compatible with the PS3 Move Controller (3iimote, I called it).  Most of the demos I've seen seem to use the old controller.

It'll be interesting to see how Sony pushes its camera/move setup next gen.  This gen it has done very little to push it, just letting it linger in the background.

Now that they decided to bundle the Eye camera in Japan, it'll be interesting to see if they do that elsewhere.