Can't Update to Windows 8.1 Preview (Windows Store update)

I installed a firmware update on my Samsung Ativ Smart PC 500T.  After that I tried to update to 8.1 through the store but it spat out a error and asked me to try again.  Anyone get this working on the same Atom powered hardware or are we still waiting for intel to update something?

My problem is probably different. I don't know if anyone has encountered the same problem. I installed the update downloaded from Microsoft but afret the reboot nothing happes.

The store doesn't pop up and doen't ask me to download anything from the store

My OS is en-US in everything no other languages installed

I don't know why, can someone find a solution?

For what it's worth, make sure you do not have a 3rd party theme patcher on your system such as UXStyle or UXPatch. These will prevent windows 8.1 from installing correctly.

Just updated to 8.1 ))

Had a prob though.. Would not load "Hmmm" I had to go into bios, checked the boot device priority.. WTF? it changed it to the usb flash drive that I installed the recovery drive too, Fu-k!  Why? I am god )) and I don't know<<<< joke ))

Any way, I love it

When the final release comes out, do we have to go back too 8, too upgrade, too final?

I'm still waiting for intel atom driver updates on my ativ smart pc.  The update fails with some error and says I need to install updates but no updates are out yet.  At this right I might just wait till RTM to update since I have 8.1 running on vbox on my desktop.  It would be nice to use it with touch on my tablet though but oh well.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update on this - I visited 'http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/preview-download' on my RT and executed the downloaded file. Let it update and reboot - voila! Prompted for 8.1 update, proceeded to download and took about 40 minutes to update and reboot. Booted no problems and everything working well. Winodws 8.1 RT UK.

• 3 months later...

Quick update on this - I visited 'http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/preview-download' on my RT and executed the downloaded file. Let it update and reboot - voila! Prompted for 8.1 update, proceeded to download and took about 40 minutes to update and reboot. Booted no problems and everything working well. Winodws 8.1 RT UK.

That worked for me too, thanks!