Can't Update to Windows 8.1 Preview (Windows Store update)

What i am saying is, if it can be clean installed on my 1000 year old HP laptop (2009) why the hell it cant be installed on ASUS G75 (2013)

But like always, clean  install is the best way to use a new OS, upgrading leaves trash with it and doesn't provide with robust performance as you like?

What i am saying is, if it can be clean installed on my 1000 year old HP laptop (2009) why the hell it cant be installed on ASUS G75 (2013)

But like always, clean  install is the best way to use a new OS, upgrading leaves trash with it and doesn't provide with robust performance as you like?

Yeah that's true but I just wonder what exactly went wrong so that I can fix it lol.

Looks like I'm going back to my Windows XP install on this tower, yes, Windows xp. There are two Windows based operating systems that run fantastically on this system. Windows xp, and Windows 8. It's a very old machine, from around 2007, came with Windows xp, back when Vista was giving people fits...

Looks like I'm going back to my Windows XP install on this tower, yes, Windows xp. There are two Windows based operating systems that run fantastically on this system. Windows xp, and Windows 8. It's a very old machine, from around 2007, came with Windows xp, back when Vista was giving people fits...

You're crazy lol. I'll never go back from Windows 8.

You're crazy lol. I'll never go back from Windows 8.

I run Windows 7 on my main computer, which is a 2009 Asus g60vx, but I simply don't have the money to buy a new machine. Windows 8 also doesn't seem to want to work properly on the asus g60vx, I get huge performance hits.

What I find incredibly mind boggling is why the hell isn't EN-GB supported? What's so different between the two versions of English that they feel the need to exclude the UK?

Indeed if anything UK English is the origin of American English so why the hell it's such a problem I have no idea.

Pretty common problem with software (games), just convert to en-us and give up that silliness. :p

Amusing Yankee right back at you we will convert to you English when you convert to our flag deal?

I'm still getting "ISO files are not yet available" on the MS Win 8.1 Preview site.  Has anyone got them yet, from anywhere, that is not a TechNet subscriber?

I'm on the West Coast, hoping everyone further east will be asleep soon and maybe, just maybe, the server load will ease up a bit...

I'm still getting "ISO files are not yet available" on the MS Win 8.1 Preview site.  Has anyone got them yet, from anywhere, that is not a TechNet subscriber?

I'm on the West Coast, hoping everyone further east will be asleep soon and maybe, just maybe, the server load will ease up a bit...

Yes direct question to anyone and everyone reading, has anyone managed to install it?

Just noticed this (highlighted) a few mins ago, I swear it wasn't there before

Like yer I would have noticed in in bold! So now what change region settings to US?

Update I have just changed my region and Language to English US no luck  I am wondering what "base language" means now maybe it means you have to have INSTALLED windows 8 as EN US?

UK here something seriously wrong what I don't get is why they just didn't push it as an optional windows update after all it's got a metro version. Why this big deal over fundamental OS updates over the store it isn't like 8.1 is an app.

With the way they are going i expect they will remove windows update and have everything download using the store.

Like yer I would have noticed in in bold! So now what change region settings to US?

Update I have just changed my region and Language to English US no luck  I am wondering what "base language" means now maybe it means you have to have INSTALLED windows 8 as EN US?

Yeah it might have helped if your read like 2 pages ago, where I had mentioned I tried this and it didn't work

I have a problem right after the setting process. At the start of the OOBE, neither my mouse and keyboard are working. They even have the LEDs turned off, so I suppose it must be a problem with the USB ports. If I force restart the machine, it will revert back to Windows 8.

Anybody having issues with on the ASUS Vivotab Smart?   Graphics driver is now quite laggy compared to how it was before I updated to 8.1.  

The Vivotab Smart specifically wasn't on the no fly list, but is the no fly list more for the PowerVR gfx than the Atom processor?