Can't sign into WLM after 8.1 update

Well Messenger Reviver surely as far as Microsoft is concerned has no right or expectation of support, move to Skype.

And how exactly does this answer my question? I'm not looking to move to Skype, so save the comments.

And how exactly does this answer my question? I'm not looking to move to Skype, so save the comments.

Opps didn't see I was talking to an all powerful admin, oh wait I can't say that after my warning comparing a mod to Kim Jong Un as a joke.... Seriously dude chill can I ask you have a problem with Skype I love messenger too but I accept Microsoft's will is good for me I am sure tabbed IMs will come to Skype soon.

Looks like some type of encryption error. Can you post a SS? Have you attempted to install and run it in legacy mode?

Opps didn't see I was talking to an all powerful admin, oh wait I can't say that after my warning comparing a mod to Kim Jong Un as a joke.... Seriously dude chill can I ask you have a problem with Skype I love messenger too but I accept Microsoft's will is good for me I am sure tabbed IMs will come to Skype soon.

Great attitude there fella. Skype is notoriously bad and delivers messages hours after you send them, seeing as I need it for site ops, I prefer to stick with WLM.

Looks like some type of encryption error. Can you post a SS? Have you attempted to install and run it in legacy mode?

post-2-0-58272600-1372281269.png

I upgraded after it wouldn't sign in on version 15.4.3555.0308 (only after upgrading to 8.1) to 16.4.3508.0205 and installed the latest message reviver 2.2.2.0 and A-Patch.

I have to give it some testing on one of my vm's when I am home tonight and see if I can figure it out. I am with you Skype has so many issues.

I have to give it some testing on one of my vm's when I am home tonight and see if I can figure it out. I am with you Skype has so many issues.

Thanks!

I've always enjoyed using Windows Live Messenger, and despise the fact that Microsoft is trying to kill it. It seems that Windows 8.1 tries to block it or something, because even repairing, patching with the reviver, etc, isn't doing anything.

Anyway, I'm having the same problem with Neobond, I can't sign on to it, even using the latest version of Reviver. For personal reasons, I really would like to keep using Windows Live Messenger (so please, spare me the 'Move to Skype' comments, I DO use skype. There are features on MSN that I need, that skype doesn't support.)

I sent a message to the guy who made Reviver about it. Maybe he'll see what he can do to fix it? :s

Update:

There is a work around:

I?m working on it, but it appears Microsoft has possibly deliberately broken it. However it seems 2009 is working, so if they uninstall Windows Live Essentials 2012 and install 2009 from Reviver instead, it will work.
  • Like 3

• 4 months later...

This thread is some months old, but this problem is still up! The only problem is that I can't find WLM 2009 Swedish version, and i'm unsure that A-Patch would work on such an old messenger?

I have downloaded Trillian meanwhile, I can't stand being without a REAL messenger.. Skype is s**t, yes it is.

Yeah.. I am actually using Skype now, but the lagged messages and sometimes even missing messages issues are still there. It's pretty useless to use as a proper staff chat!

Yeah.. I am actually using Skype now, but the lagged messages and sometimes even missing messages issues are still there. It's pretty useless to use as a proper staff chat!

actually, you've hit on something dear to my heart... Could you send or pm me the link for the 2009 essentials and the reviver (if it's a separate entity) as I prefer msn to skype too (sorry wlm)

actually, you've hit on something dear to my heart... Could you send or pm me the link for the 2009 essentials and the reviver (if it's a separate entity) as I prefer msn to skype too (sorry wlm)

Sorry but I'm not using it anymore. I forget where it's from but just Google "oldversion wlm 2009" and wlm reviver I'm sure you'll find them. Earlier posts here are saying even that has problems signing in now as well.

http://messengergeek.wordpress.com/2013/04/23/use-messenger-reviver-2-to-bring-back-messenger-and-beat-skype/

Here ya go, the reviver has an installer for 2009 in it.