california habitually drinking cardiac arrest failure to warn caffeine toxicity

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#16 Xilo

Xilo

Neowinian Senior

• 5,368 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 14:50

Am I the only one in my age bracket, 18-25, who doesn't drink energy drinks?

I'm 27 and went through engineering in school. I've never had an energy drink.

#17 +Vykranth

Vykranth

Chantez, compagnons, dans la nuit la Liberté nous écoute

• 3,247 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 14:53

I just do not understand how all of these parents seam to think the safety of their child should be in the hands of corporations, if you let your child drink it then its your problem not theirs, there is plenty of warning about these drinks all over the place. 

And that kids is why we have "DO NOT DRY YOUR PET IN THIS MICROWAVE" among other dumbass things on products, for the stupid dumbasses out there.

Take a classic Coke, you take 23 mg of caffeine for a 8 ounces can , take a Monster energy drink, that 160 mg for a 16 ounces can , take a Starbucks Doubleshot coffee drink, that's 160 mg per 8 ounces.

But, how much caffeine is too much for an individual? Nobody knows that

I would not put the blame immediately on the irresponsibility of the parents or the kid. The corporations involved in that there hid the contents of the drinks for caffeine or other substance.

#18 Sadelwo

Sadelwo

Neowinian

• 1,091 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 820

Posted 27 June 2013 - 14:54

When we were teenagers our parents warned us about too many sodas/ junk food and would cut the supply if they thought we were going through them too quickly (you know summer days). What has happened over the past decade? Parents just let their kids run wild with no rules/supervision and expect society to pay for their failures? This is getting sad.

#19 +Brando212

Brando212

Neowinian Senior

• 6,869 posts
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL, Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 27 June 2013 - 15:00

When we were teenagers our parents warned us about too many sodas/ junk food and would cut the supply if they thought we were going through them too quickly (you know summer days). What has happened over the past decade? Parents just let their kids run wild with no rules/supervision and expect society to pay for their failures? This is getting sad.

i've said this a few times on these forums and I'll say it again. most parents are afraid to touch their children let alone discipline them properly anymore for fear of having their children taken away from them. we become an overly paranoid society and it's showing in more way than one

#20 Astra.Xtreme

Astra.Xtreme

Electrical Engineer

• 8,308 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 15:02

Am I the only one in my age bracket, 18-25, who doesn't drink energy drinks?

I'm with you also.  After drinking one of those things, I feel like I want to run a marathon, and I hate that feeling.

I think the last time I had an energy drink was last winter when I competed in a Red Bull event and the girls basically forced them down your throat for publicity.  Needless to say, there's much better junk I could blow money on.

#21 wv@gt

wv@gt

Neowinian Senior

• 4,277 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 15:06

There isn't anything more Monster can do, there is a warning on the can!

Monster didn't cause the kids addiction, Monster didn't force the kid to drink it. 

If she really wants to sue someone sue the FDA or someone along those lines and have them look at reducing the levels of caffeine or sugars in the drinks

#22 Buttus

Buttus

Neowinian Senior

• 3,365 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 15:11

I wonder if that lady that drank enough water to die because of that radio show stunt can sue everyone that had a a hand in producing the water?

#23 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• 34,385 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 15:17

What is it they say, take off all the warning labels and let nature run its course.

Wholly agree.  Batteries say "Do not swallow" or such on them.  Remove this.  If some idiot wants to put a battery in their mouth, chew it for a while and swallow it - let them.  I've a feeling that it will be no major loss to humanity.

#24 Yazoo

Yazoo

Just a regular guy

• 1,786 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 15:26

worse case, Monster guilty for targeting children.  Do they do that?

#25 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• 12,076 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 15:29

Come to think of it, there's no warning on electric kettles warning you not to boil pertol (gasoline) or semtex, or a mix of, in their kettles neither, I see no one trying that...

#26 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,512 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 15:34

I can tell you right now that she's going to lose this court case for t he simple fact that the warning labels on a Can of Monster says "DO NOT consume more than 1 can PER DAY". I got a can of monster right beside me that's how i know.

My god -- someone can read. :p

#27 vcfan

vcfan

Straight Ballin'

• 5,354 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 15:59

ive tried energy drinks such as monster and red bull. doesn't do a damn thing to me. I don't really mind whats in them, its just that they taste like ****. ill have a grande Americano instead please.

#28 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,512 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 21:14

^Sweet tea, with lots of sugar, is where it's at. :p

#29 +Dermot

Dermot

Gamer

• 325 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5

Posted 27 June 2013 - 21:21

It's interesting how they use the teen card when they were barely a teen at 19, he was legally an adult and was responsible for his own life at that stage.

next there will be overweight kids parents suing mcdonalds.

when does it end?

#30 Flae_qui

Flae_qui

Your Friendly Neighborhood IT Technician

• 1,361 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 21:28

I drink about 2-3 cans a day... seriously if you have issues it's NOT the drinks fault... there already is a warning on the label