57 replies to this topic

#31 compl3x

compl3x

Feels good, dunnit?

• 8,412 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 28 June 2013 - 00:33

i'm with you, i don't do energy drinks

I'm out of that age range, but even when in it I did not. I don't do sugary drinks at all. The occasional 5-Hour Energy shot if I have to make a long drive (6-8 hours, I do a few times a year).

She even said he "habitually" drank it. As in his bad habit, not the company. He didn't follow the warning on the can. It's not even healthy to drink two cans of regular soda a day for THREE YEARS, much less something like this. May as well sue the rope manufacturers if someone uses their product to hang themselves. Honestly. People have to take some responsibility. I know she's grieving but she has nobody to blame but him. He was young and like all of us at that age, he thought he was invincible and did something stupid and unfortunately it killed him. It's sad, but she has no right to sue.

Not at all. I'm 21 and I've only had.. maybe two in my life time? And that was back in '07..and they were Sobe..like, back when they were just starting to get popular, if I remember right. And I had them weeks apart from each other.

People are seriously lacking common sense. It was her kid's choice to drink two a day. It's not Monster's responsibility to monitor each and every single consumer and how much they drink.

Since there's a warning on the can, it's Morris' fault for not heeding that warning. The mother has no right to sue. Plus, I bet she's the one that paid for all those drinks. She's just as guilty.

I'm 27 and went through engineering in school. I've never had an energy drink.

I'm with you also.  After drinking one of those things, I feel like I want to run a marathon, and I hate that feeling.

I think the last time I had an energy drink was last winter when I competed in a Red Bull event and the girls basically forced them down your throat for publicity.  Needless to say, there's much better junk I could blow money on.

Yay! Sane people like me!

I do wonder what is going to happen in the future to people who consume these energy drinks on a daily basis. Surely that much caffeine, that concentrated, that often can't be good for you?

#32 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 15,894 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:03

I do wonder what is going to happen in the future to people who consume these energy drinks on a daily basis. Surely that much caffeine, that concentrated, that often can't be good for you?

It isn't, which is why these products carry warning labels. If people are going to ignore those labels, well... Darwin will get them :p

#33 illage3

illage3

Apprentice Game Designer

• 504 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:25

Bad parenting.  Of course drinking two monster energy drinks a day for a year will cause harm.

#34 ILikeTobacco

ILikeTobacco

Neowinian Senior

• 4,789 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:19

Yay! Sane people like me!

I think the lack of sleep will do more damage than the caffeine itself. They say you can never undo the damage of missing a few hours of sleep.

#35 +d5aqoëp

d5aqoëp

Banned

• 3,076 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:37

Even water is poisonous if drank in excess. Everything in life needs moderation.

#36 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,887 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 13:14

^ I drink distilled. :p

#37 Brony

Brony

Brony power!

• 4,669 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 13:21

IMHO about energy drink:

-too expensive.

-taste like sh*t.

-it does not work (at least for me).

Also, energy drink (or drugs) are not needing, i did night shift of 12 hours and a mug of coffee x night is more than enough.

#38 badb0y

badb0y

I'm Bad!

• 876 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 13:26

Lucky teen...

I drink 6-7 monsters energy everyday empty stomach, hoping to die....but nothing happens :(

#39 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,887 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 13:33

^ Don't jump. :/

#40 peter_uk

peter_uk

Neowinian

• 203 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 13:50

so am I reading it right that the mother is suing because her son has what is equivalent in caffeine content to grande cafe lattes from Starbucks?

#41 illage3

illage3

Apprentice Game Designer

• 504 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Posted 28 June 2013 - 14:54

Oh and BTW caffine doesn't give you energy, it just makes the process of losing energy slower.  So calling them "Energy" drinks is a falseified claim.

so am I reading it right that the mother is suing because her son has what is equivalent in caffeine content to grande cafe lattes from Starbucks?

No the mother is sueing because she doesn't want to take responsibility for letting her own child drink energy drinks. 

#42 briangw

briangw

The best damn band in the land!!!

• 3,447 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 28 June 2013 - 15:11

next there will be overweight kids parents suing mcdonalds.

when does it end?

Too late:

http://www.foxnews.c...3,63698,00.html

#43 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,887 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 15:18

I'm suing the high school, for making me be naked in the locker room, with other students. :s

#44 ILikeTobacco

ILikeTobacco

Neowinian Senior

• 4,789 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 15:32

I'm suing the high school, for making me be naked in the locker room, with other students. :s

You would lose on the account of you enjoyed it.

#45 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,887 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 15:44

^ It was traumatic, for me.