Couple Lets Strangers at Starbucks Pick Baby Name

A coffee-loving couple from Connecticut has placed an unusual order at their local Starbucks. They've asked customers to name their unborn baby, according to a story published Wednesday in the New Haven Register.

Like many expecting parents, Jennifer James, 25, and Mark Dixon, 24, of West Haven couldn?t decide on the perfect name for their son, who is due in September. Stuck between their top two choices, Logan and Jackson, they decided to crowdsource the decision.Inspired by a program at Starbucks that asks customers to vote on the store?s employee of the month, they hung signs at the New Haven Green Starbucks where they?re regulars, asking people to vote for either name. The couple could not be reached for comment but Dixon told the New Haven Register, "We saw that and thought we might as well see how it works.?

A coffee cup doubled as a ballot box and the public cast a whopping 1,800 votes ? including some for entirely different names. "We've gotten Obama, Jebediah, Lincoln. Someone put (a) write-in, Webster," James told the paper.

But the name Logan struck a chord with customers. James quickly got on board when she realized how similar "Jackson" sounded to "Dixon," Marks? surname. "I don't know why I didn't realize the 'Jackson Dixon' thing, but I think once I realized that, he was going to be Logan no matter what," she said.

The winning name? Logan Jackson Dixon. Let?s hope the kid likes coffee. :huh:

source