'X-Files' stars reunite for 20th anniversary at Comic-Con

1372349993.jpg

Sci-fi cult classic TV series The X-Files will have a 20th anniversary celebration at this year's Comic-Con International event in San Diego.

In this week's TV Guide Magazine, it was confirmed that show creator Chris Carter and writers David Amann, Vince Gilligan, Howard Gordon, Darin Morgan, Glen Morgan, John Shiban and Jim Wong would all be attending the special event.

Gillian Anderson's official website has also revealed that the show's leading actress will attend the panel on Thursday, July 18.

Anderson's co-star David Duchovny hasn't confirmed yet, but "more guests" were teased by TV Guide.

The X-Files was a worldwide hit in the '90s and early '00s, running for nine seasons and 202 episodes on Fox.

Anderson and Duchovny became stars as the show's FBI Special Agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully.

The TV series spawned two movies, 1998's The X-Files and 2008's I Want to Believe.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a493843/x-files-stars-reunite-for-20th-anniversary-at-comic-con.html?rss

I was hoping I'd read news about a new X-Files movie. :(

I've been rewatching through X-Files on Netflix. I never really got into it in it's prime though I liked the occasional episode so decided to head straight back to Season 1, Episode 1 and start over.. I didn't really appreciate just how well they nailed the characters from the very first episode, and just how compelling and gripping it was - the X Files must have knocked everyones socks off when it first came out!

Absolutely loving it. 

• Like 2

I was hoping I'd read news about a new X-Files movie. :(

There's no way that there will ever be another movie.  Not after that last one. 

• Like 1

I've been rewatching through X-Files on Netflix. I never really got into it in it's prime though I liked the occasional episode so decided to head straight back to Season 1, Episode 1 and start over.. I didn't really appreciate just how well they nailed the characters from the very first episode, and just how compelling and gripping it was - the X Files must have knocked everyones socks off when it first came out!

Absolutely loving it. 

I watched every single episode back in 2008 and I absolutely loved it. I remember watching some episodes as they aired back in 1999 and I also remember seeing ads for the first movie. Even today, I still consider it one of the best shows I've watched.

There's no way that there will ever be another movie.  Not after that last one. 

The last movie was a huge embarrassment. The only reason I watched it to the end was loyalty. I'm a huge fan of the series and I was really disappointed with the movie. I hope this reunion creates interest in a new movie. It's been 5 years since the last movie so there's still hope. The second one came about 10 years after the first.

I missed the last couple of seasons the first time round. So I watched it on Sky Atlantic recently from start to finish. Even though the pop culture references were old the story telling and the characterisation of Mulder and Scully and the recurring cast was brilliant it all felt fresh.

The last movie was a huge embarrassment. The only reason I watched it to the end was loyalty. I'm a huge fan of the series and I was really disappointed with the movie. I hope this reunion creates interest in a new movie. It's been 5 years since the last movie so there's still hope. The second one came about 10 years after the first.

I agree the second movie should never have been made. It was better just left alone after the first one.

Agree about the second movie. I watched (and loved) the first one.. the second was diabolical :( 

I can't wait for this to come up in bluray actually, I wonder why it has taken so long, planning to get "Friends" too ;-)

• 3 weeks later...

Anderson and Duchovny still look great together. Often imitated, never bettered. I remember seeing adverts on TV for the first season of X-Files and couldn't wait for it to start. There was nothing else like it.