win8

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 quentez

quentez

Neowinian

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:41

Hello,

I installed the Windows 8.1 yesterday on my Retina MacBook Pro, and apart from the sound, everything works pretty well. Now the thing is that I used Windows 8 with a 175% High-Dpi setting, and it worked pretty well, but I can't do the same in 8.1.

(I actually don't understand all the news sites saying Win8.1 *finally* introduces scaling... I've been using it since the Win8 rtm and it's been very good).

On Windows 8 you could specify a custom scaling percentage, and while 175% wasn't in the default list, I could specify it myself. In 8.1 however, you can't select something outside of the list, and the available steps are: 125%, 150% and 200%, but no 175%.

Does anyone know a solution to this? I'm open to any weird registry hack that will allow me to specify a custom DPI scaling percentage.

Thank you for reading ;) !

#2 notuptome2004

notuptome2004

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:56

Windows  8.1  introduce independent  scaling so  if you drag a program from your main screen that is low DPI hardware to a very high res  high DPI monitor  windows will auto adjust  it.

#3 OP quentez

quentez

Neowinian

Posted 28 June 2013 - 22:54

What you point out is true. But I fail to see how it's relevant to my issue: the problem that I face is that I cannot set the right scaling/zoom level on one of my monitors as they removed the ability to set a custom value and don't currently allow for 175% scaling.

#4 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:19

What you point out is true. But I fail to see how it's relevant to my issue: the problem that I face is that I cannot set the right scaling/zoom level on one of my monitors as they removed the ability to set a custom value and don't currently allow for 175% scaling.

NVM.   I didn't read your comment right.

#5 mhweb

mhweb

Neowinian

Posted 04 July 2013 - 13:50

Remember that you can also Custom sizing options and choose from 100% to %500.

Thanks,

#6 notuptome2004

notuptome2004

Neowinian Senior

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:17

Windows 8.1 does this  auto for you  so you dont have to and the options are still there just  type in search dpi 

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!