Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Windows 8.1 Custom Scaling Percentage

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello,

I installed the Windows 8.1 yesterday on my Retina MacBook Pro, and apart from the sound, everything works pretty well. Now the thing is that I used Windows 8 with a 175% High-Dpi setting, and it worked pretty well, but I can't do the same in 8.1.

(I actually don't understand all the news sites saying Win8.1 *finally* introduces scaling... I've been using it since the Win8 rtm and it's been very good).

On Windows 8 you could specify a custom scaling percentage, and while 175% wasn't in the default list, I could specify it myself. In 8.1 however, you can't select something outside of the list, and the available steps are: 125%, 150% and 200%, but no 175%.

Does anyone know a solution to this? I'm open to any weird registry hack that will allow me to specify a custom DPI scaling percentage.

Thank you for reading ;) !

Posted

Windows  8.1  introduce independent  scaling so  if you drag a program from your main screen that is low DPI hardware to a very high res  high DPI monitor  windows will auto adjust  it.

1 person likes this

Posted

What you point out is true. But I fail to see how it's relevant to my issue: the problem that I face is that I cannot set the right scaling/zoom level on one of my monitors as they removed the ability to set a custom value and don't currently allow for 175% scaling.

Posted

What you point out is true. But I fail to see how it's relevant to my issue: the problem that I face is that I cannot set the right scaling/zoom level on one of my monitors as they removed the ability to set a custom value and don't currently allow for 175% scaling.

NVM.   I didn't read your comment right.

Posted

Remember that you can also Custom sizing options and choose from 100% to %500.

Thanks,

Posted

Windows 8.1 does this  auto for you  so you dont have to and the options are still there just  type in search dpi