Spy updates incoming

The Full and Minispy are getting a much needed refresh over the next few days.

post-2-0-29530200-1372411106.png

Prefix tag support was already added ages ago, but now you'll also see a nice "ANSWERED" tag if a topic has been solved. Hopefully this helps people decide if they want to look at the topic, and mark them solved quicker.

If you are getting errors with the Spy, please have a look at this thread on how to solve it.

Stuff done, or getting updated:

• Remove news comments
  • Add Answered tags
  • Add HOT tag when a topic is hot
  • Align tags in Full Spy
  • Add dots, stars unread icons in Full spy
  • Style Full Spy like New Content (without sidebar)

Sometimes when i am at work i don't login to Neowin but the Mini Spy will still show posts from sections i don't have permission to view for example the Graphics Exchange then when i click it i just get an error obviously because i am not logged in.

Is this by design? 

P.S Nice updates :)

Mobile is supposed to be light-weight, so there's "new content" for that ;)

"new content" sucks in comparison :cry:

Any chance of having news comments returned as an option? Find myself kind of missing that as I watch the spy page, makes the site feel a bit "disjointed" now as I need to manually refresh other tabs, etc to see what's going on in the front page areas.

Sometimes when i am at work i don't login to Neowin but the Mini Spy will still show posts from sections i don't have permission to view for example the Graphics Exchange then when i click it i just get an error obviously because i am not logged in.

Is this by design? 

P.S Nice updates :)

This is by design. Forums you don't have access to are still visible (when you refresh the page). 

The automated ajax updates later on should not show you any topics/forums you don't have access to.

• 4 weeks later...