Xbox One Kinect Not Compatible With PCs

That's a good point, I forgot that they removed the motors. I guess they were able to do that thanks to wider viewing angle of the new Kinect hardware.

The lack of motors should mean more reliable hardware that puts out less heat.

How was the Kinect ever unreliable, and heat ? did it even get above ambient...

How was the Kinect ever unreliable, and heat ? did it even get above ambient...

I'm not saying it overheated or failed. My Kinect has been just fine. I'm just saying that fewer moving parts usually means less failure over time.

Doesn't Kinect have a built in fan for air circulation? If so, that is another moving part not needed in the new Kinect.

I could be wrong but I think the Kinect 2 does have a fan in the back?  At least, it looks like it in the pictures I remember seeing.

Tbh this isn't a huge loss. There's very few examples I have seen where PC devs made interesting use of it. But with the extra processing power who knows what they could have achieved with 2.0.

No doubt they'll bring out a "PC Only" version with it's own ridiculous price tag 6 months later after launch (N).

Tbh this isn't a huge loss. There's very few examples I have seen where PC devs made interesting use of it. But with the extra processing power who knows what they could have achieved with 2.0.

No doubt they'll bring out a "PC Only" version with it's own ridiculous price tag 6 months later after launch (N).

They already announced that. It will be $399. The thing is that release is a dev kit. Its more than just Kinect, coming with various dev tools and licensing for creating content.

I wonder if MS will release a consumer version for the pc.