PS4 Box Contents Picture Leaked

Taken from VG Leaks:

Sony had detailed the content of the PS4 box during E3 2013, but we hadn?t still seen an official picture showing all those objects. If you are going to buy the fourth PlayStation you will have for ?399/$399 or ?349 the following items:

• PS4 console
  • DualShock 4
  • HDMI cable
  • Power cord
  • USB cord
  • Mono headset
  • Instructions

This is the leaked family portrait:

Sony-PS4-600x399.jpg

The mono headset seems cheap, a rock-bottom headset to chat with your contacts during your online games. And I have got other complain, the USB cord seems too short, when your DualShock battery is running out and you want to continue with your game, you have to connect the pad to the PS4, therefore, I would demand a longer cable to be a little bit away from the PS4 and the TV.

Source: http://www.vgleaks.com/picture-of-the-contents-of-the-ps4-box-leaked-presumably-legit/

The picture does more or less seem real, but I suppose could be easily faked. The headset which comes with the box does seem rock bottom regarding quality and the actual usability of it. Hopefully Sony will offer a more premium headset. 

Just happy that it'll becoming with a HDMI cable.

True! I remember buying the 60GB PS3 for $600 and NO HDMI cable.. 

I don't mind the supposed quality of the headset. At least it's included.

Yeah definitely! I wanted to make a remark regarding that I wish MS put a dirt cheap one in the box like that but I didn't want to start a war.

Do we know if the USB is at USB3 or the ancient USB2?

USB 3. Here is the full list of specs (http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a460582/ps4-hardware-specifications-in-full-blu-ray-usb-30-confirmed.html):

CPU: x86-64 AMD "Jaguar", 8 cores 

GPU: 1.84 TFLOPS, AMD next-generation Radeon? based graphics engine
Memory: GDDR5 8GB 
Hard Disk Drive Built-in
Optical Drive (read only): BD 6xCAV, DVD 8xCAV
I/O Super-Speed USB (USB 3.0)
Communication Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T), IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth? 2.1 (EDR)
AV output HDMI
Analog-AV out
Digital Output (optical)

I remember the USB cable being very short for the ps3 controller as well but then again I dont think I ever had the battery die on me and never required me to play tethered. 

I remember the USB cable being very short for the ps3 controller as well but then again I dont think I ever had the battery die on me and never required me to play tethered. 

It happened once or twice for me but i would just plug the cable into a laptop or something close by so I can still sit comfortably.

Ah it has everything with it :) could always use more HDMI cables, you never know when you need a spare one.

One thing I noticed and especially in the early days of the ps3 and 360 was that their was more people talking online with the 360 than the ps3 and this is likely due to the headset coming with the 360 and not the ps3,  In my mind this created a better online experience for the 360.  Now it looks like it could be the opposite with the ps4 and xbox one.

One thing I noticed and especially in the early days of the ps3 and 360 was that their was more people talking online with the 360 than the ps3 and this is likely due to the headset coming with the 360 and not the ps3,  In my mind this created a better online experience for the 360.  Now it looks like it could be the opposite with the ps4 and xbox one.

Supposedly that's what the Kinect is for.  Unfortunately, that means everyone in your house can hear that 12-year old calling you a bitch-ass nigga while he t-bags you in CoD

• Like 3

Supposedly that's what the Kinect is for.  Unfortunately, that means everyone in your house can hear that 12-year old calling you a bitch-ass << racial epithet >> while he t-bags you in CoD

First thing I do in any game is turn off the voice chat unless I'm playing with people I know.

For the record, the DS4 can charge while the PS4 is turned off.  So charge while not gaming.

That's actually a big thing! I hated it that the PS3 required the console to be powered on to charge the controllers.

That's actually a big thing! I hated it that the PS3 required the console to be powered on to charge the controllers.

Same here. I only had a 3 foot USB cable for charging my PS3 controller. So whenever it would die, I'd have to sit on the floor directly in front of my TV (instead of on the couch)...or stop playing for a while. Both were a little annoying. I'm glad they added this little feature.

I would also charge it while watching netflix or a blu-ray.

If I were playing my 360, I let my 360 charge the DS3....

Always keep a charge controller... A charged controller is a happy gamer...

Those ear buds look like they will break just by looking at them...

I know their pack ins....

But wow they look super fragile..

If all goes according to plan.. in the next 6 to 8 months (max) those contents will be all over my floor.