Photo

Best Movie Manager

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 max22

max22

Neowinian

Posted 28 June 2013 - 18:41

What is the best movie manager out there? Free or paid. I just want to add a list of movies I have seen. Don't really need the loan feature because I don't own all the movies.

#2 shozilla

shozilla

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 8

Posted 28 June 2013 - 18:43

What is the best movie manager out there? Free or paid. I just want to add a list of movies I have seen. Don't really need the loan feature because I don't own all the movies.

You can use this:

http://www.collectorz.com/movie/

You can use it on PC or your phone... or both.

#3 OP max22

max22

Neowinian

Posted 28 June 2013 - 18:45

You can use this:

http://www.collectorz.com/movie/

You can use it on PC or your phone... or both.

I don't like the way it looks.

#4 shozilla

shozilla

Neowinian Senior

Posted 28 June 2013 - 18:46

I don't like the way it looks.

You can change the theme/layout... it is customizable.

#5 OP max22

max22

Neowinian

Posted 28 June 2013 - 18:50

You can change the theme/layout... it is customizable.

I know that but there is a huge thing it doesn't have.

Foreign films. I can't find Clément, Vuelve, or any other foreign films. It doesn't take data from IMDB.

That is a huge drawback. I don't watch just hollywood films.

#6 TPreston

TPreston

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • OS: Windows 8.1 Enterprise & Server 2012R2/08R2 Datacenter
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 1520

Posted 28 June 2013 - 18:53

Tagged MP4 is your friend. Tag the files with MetaX or MP3 tag and you don't need to use any software to organize the collection.

Another advantage with this approach is that you can then effortlessly add the network share to any other device even windows rt and the tags stay intact.

http://www.anonmgur....d96216e27bb.png

#7 shozilla

shozilla

Neowinian Senior

Posted 28 June 2013 - 18:56

I know that but there is a huge thing it doesn't have.

Foreign films. I can't find Clément, Vuelve, or any other foreign films. It doesn't take data from IMDB.

That is a huge drawback. I don't watch just hollywood films.

Yes it does take the data from IMDB.. I have used their software.

And you can use your webcam so you use it as barcode reader to read the DVD/Blu-Ray barcodes.. so it will insert the data into the entry for you.

You seemed that you haven't tried it..   

If not, then you might want to write/install the DVD script onto your web host so you can manage your DVD entries.

#8 OP max22

max22

Neowinian

Posted 28 June 2013 - 18:58

Yes it does take the data from IMDB.. I have used their software.

And you can use your webcam so you use it as barcode reader to read the DVD/Blu-Ray barcodes.. so it will insert the data into the entry for you.

You seemed that you haven't tried it..   

If not, then you might want to write/install the DVD script onto your web host so you can manage your DVD entries.

I have used it. Don't have a webcam and don't own all movies I seen. Some I rented.

Bet you can't find Clément or Vuelve on Collectorz

#9 Som

Som

Neowinian

Posted 28 June 2013 - 19:01

technically a media centre software but XBMC has great management, catalogues actors directors etc... i find it very good (plus it has themes) 

#10 OP max22

max22

Neowinian

Posted 28 June 2013 - 19:03

technically a media centre software but XBMC has great management, catalogues actors directors etc... i find it very good (plus it has themes) 

Ok but does it do foreign films? Like for example Clément and Vuelve?

#11 shozilla

shozilla

Neowinian Senior

Posted 28 June 2013 - 19:03

Collectorz pull the data from IMDB...

Any movies that are on IMDB.. will be available on movie software... 

Clément on IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0284970/

#12 Som

Som

Neowinian

Posted 28 June 2013 - 19:08

Ok but does it do foreign films? Like for example Clément and Vuelve?

if the film is listed on IMDB then it will catalogue it.  I must point out though that  this is for your existing movie collection save to your hard drive, so for example for Vuelve, you would have a folder called Vuelve (2013) with the movie in it...

#13 OP max22

max22

Neowinian

Posted 28 June 2013 - 19:10

if the film is listed on IMDB then it will catalogue it.  I must point out though that  this is for your existing movie collection save to your hard drive, so for example for Vuelve, you would have a folder called Vuelve (2013) with the movie in it...

Yes but like I said I don't own all my movies then what? Some I just rented. How would I get the movie Vuelve listed then ?

#14 shozilla

shozilla

Neowinian Senior

Posted 28 June 2013 - 19:12

Yes but like I said I don't own all my movies then what? Some I just rented. How would I get the movie Vuelve listed then ?

If the data has not been pulled, then you enter that movie data in the entry on the software manually..  

You don't have to own the movie.. just list the movies you have seen...    the software has "seen" or "watched" that you can checkmark that you have seen.

Edit:  You can add "wishlist" that you can list of the movies you want to see in the near future.

Edited by shozilla, 28 June 2013 - 19:13.

#15 thomastmc

thomastmc

Unofficial Attorney of Neowin

• Phone: Lumia 928

Posted 28 June 2013 - 19:13

Tagged MP4 is your friend. Tag the files with MetaX or MP3 tag and you don't need to use any software to organize the collection.

Another advantage with this approach is that you can then effortlessly add the network share to any other device even windows rt and the tags stay intact.

http://www.anonmgur....d96216e27bb.png

Definitely the best way to go. You can even add tags (keywords) to the mp4 files in File Explorer so that you can search them based upon your own criteria. Of course, if your movies are MKV you'd need to convert the audio to AAC to hold it in an mp4 container. AC3 and DTS won't work.