Today i gave my unused copy of Windows Vista to my Aunt

and wiped out the second to last known computer in my family that still uses Windows XP. I'm sure here in the next couple weeks i'll be rebuilding that computer from scratch. I almost feel like it's a moral obligation to kill XP. How many copies does your family still have floating around ?

• Like 2

Wait.... You wiped out a XP machine and put Vista on instead? :/  :s  :wacko: I don't understand

And there is no reason to use XP ever again anymore :shifty:

Wait.... You wiped out a XP machine and put Vista on instead? :/  :s  :wacko: I don't understand

And there is no reason to use XP ever again anymore :shifty:

my aunt is poor and can't afford a new computer so i gave her my unused copy of Vista Upgrade edition. She's got a dual core amd 64 and 3gigs of ram. more than enough to handle vista. just anything to remove the blight that is, XP.

and wiped out the second to last known computer in my family that still uses Windows XP. I'm sure here in the next couple weeks i'll be rebuilding that computer from scratch. I almost feel like it's a moral obligation to kill XP. How many copies does your family still have floating around ?

Cool story bro

• Like 5

I have 2 PC's here that have XP on them (1 in use, 1 not in use)

At work we still have quite a few XP machines.  Why?  Because there is no need to upgrade them, as they work fine as they are.

And your aunt has a better PC than my main one, which is running Windows 8.

I have 2 PC's here that have XP on them (1 in use, 1 not in use)

At work we still have quite a few XP machines.  Why?  Because there is no need to upgrade them, as they work fine as they are.

until next year when no more security patches come out and will become vulnerable to every new malware and hack that comes out.

Been completely XP free for a few years now on everything and am still very happy.  XP was great in its prime, but that time is LONG past and people really shouldn't hold on to such an antiquated OS at this point.

"Today i gave my unused copy of Windows Vista to my Aunt"

######.

:rofl:

we all know that vista was never bad like apple made it out to be. UAC was a necessary change to make computers secure and now 7 years after vista programs no longer ask for admin privileges without actually needing them. Epic win  in my book.

• Like 2

I have a hard drive with Windows XP on it, but not an actual computer. It's seven years old, and it's a 40GB drive. If that counts, it's the only instance of XP I have in my house. My desktop and the two laptops in my house are all running Windows 7, but I don't think that's much of a contribution to 'killing' XP. My school has at least 150+ computers, all of which are running Windows XP. There's a very long way to go in the pursuit of a world without XP.

Vista is a lot more stable and secure than XP, especially now the problems have been patched away. Not a bad move IMO

Good. XP should've been out of support in 2011.

I used Windows Vista on my work PC and my home PC from the time it first became available until Windows 7 became available.  I never had one single problem with it.  But, I wasn't trying to use it on old hardware or with unsupported peripherals.  As long as what you are using is supported, you shouldn't have any problems.  Most people ragging on Windows Vista, never used Windows Vista.

You are a terrible person. :p That's like promising a kid a bike and give em an old beat up POS that's rusted and have sharp corners. Lol.

I'm sure you could have gotten 7 somewhere for cheap or free. Recycle your old license to that machine or something. Hell I'll give you one of the ones I don't use! :ermm:

I installed Windows XP three times today. In virtual machines...

But I need it for my work, testing Windows XP Embedded situations.