60 replies to this topic

#1 the better twin

the better twin

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:20

http://majornelson.c...-the-awakening/

And its .......  Defense Grid: The Awakening.

Ha ha Microsoft. A four year old $10 Arcade game. Over delivering value as usual. Sony must be shaking in their boots; this craps all over PlayStation plus  :rolleyes: .

#2 illage3

illage3

Apprentice Web Developer

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:23

Wow really?

It seems Microsoft are only giving away games for free that are either old or crap.

Fable 3 = Crap

Defence Grid = Old Crap

That is why I prefer PS+, they actually give away games that I actually wanted.

#3 compl3x

compl3x

✮؛✮؛✮؛✮؛✮

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:24

I thought games with Gold was giving AC2 and Halo 3?

#4 OP the better twin

the better twin

Neowinian Senior

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:27

I think they were the best they had to show and they will be free at some point in this promotion  :/ .

Wow really?

It seems Microsoft are only giving away games for free that are either old or crap.

Fable 3 = Crap

Defence Grid = Old Crap

Fable 3 actually wasnt a part of this promotion. People are unsure why it was free through the workaround.

#5 Skiver

Skiver

Neowinian Senior

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:33

They are, I can't recall the dates but I believe the first one is early July and the second one mid july. I think I read that MS were offering Fable and a few others like the one above as part of the E3 announcement.

Wow really?

Fable 3 = Crap

Defence Grid = Old Crap

I never subscribed to PS+ and I know there were some pretty good games but surely they have had a few months with games that are a bit meh?

At the end of the day I don't really understand how anyone can complain about free games.

#6 MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop

Miniman

• OS: Win 8, Win 7, Vista, OSX, iOS, Android, WP8 and various Linux distro's
  • Phone: HTC 8X

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:33

Well i'm underwhelmed.

#7 OP the better twin

the better twin

Neowinian Senior

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:36

They are, I can't recall the dates but I believe the first one is early July and the second one mid july. I think I read that MS were offering Fable and a few others like the one above as part of the E3 announcement.

I never subscribed to PS+ and I know there were some pretty good games but surely they have had a few months with games that are a bit meh?

At the end of the day I don't really understand how anyone can complain about free games.

PSN+ is getting Battlefield 3, Saints Row 3, Pay Day, SpecOps: The Line and New DMC in next 2 months. Microsoft decide to release a 4 year old Arcade game and 5 year old Halo 3.

#8 Skiver

Skiver

Neowinian Senior

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:50

You completely skipped over my question though, Are you saying that EVERY month PSN+ gives you AAA titles over the year or so it has started doing this?

All I am saying is you can't slate a company for the one month they started doing something and it hasn't given in your opinion the games PSN+ has or is. If they don't start giving out games that a majority want then fine, but for all we know next month they may release some newer, better games!

I think its a little too early to be getting the daggers in without this just coming across as another Sony Vs Microsoft fanboy thread.

#9 compl3x

compl3x

✮؛✮؛✮؛✮؛✮

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:54

Even the most pi55-poor PS+ offering were better then this. The PS1 games were better than this. I hope MS picks better quality game sin the future.

#10 MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop

Miniman

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:55

You completely skipped over my question though, Are you saying that EVERY month PSN+ gives you AAA titles over the year or so it has started doing this?

All I am saying is you can't slate a company for the one month they started doing something and it hasn't given in your opinion the games PSN+ has or is. If they don't start giving out games that a majority want then fine, but for all we know next month they may release some newer, better games!

I think its a little too early to be getting the daggers in without this just coming across as another Sony Vs Microsoft fanboy thread.

But aren't they only doing this for a total of 7 months? You'd think they'd put a little more effort in considering PSN+ does this every month.

#11 Skiver

Skiver

Neowinian Senior

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:14

But aren't they only doing this for a total of 7 months? You'd think they'd put a little more effort in considering PSN+ does this every month.

I wasn't aware of that, any source? I had just assumed it was like PSN+ and was just part of gold now.

#12 ZakO

ZakO

Neowinian

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:15

Fable 3 actually wasnt a part of this promotion. People are unsure why it was free through the workaround.

Fable 3 was part of this promotion, it's even on the page ("Games with Gold"):

http://www.xbox.com/...games-with-gold

I wasn't aware of that, any source? I had just assumed it was like PSN+ and was just part of gold now.

It looks like it does just run until Dec 2013 for now, on the page above it says:

"Games with Gold" free games offer available 6/10/13-12/31/13 for qualified paid Gold members only.

#13 MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop

Miniman

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:16

No source i'm afraid. Just vaguely remember them saying at E3 that it was "From now until the release of the XB1".

I'll be very happy to be proven wrong though :p

#14 Skiver

Skiver

Neowinian Senior

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:20

No source i'm afraid. Just vaguely remember them saying at E3 that it was "From now until the release of the XB1".

I'll be very happy to be proven wrong though :p

You are correct it seems....

As our way of saying thanks for being part of this community, we’re giving all qualifying Gold members two free Xbox 360 games each month for the rest of the year. Each specially selected, fan-favorite game will be available to download only for a limited time, so grab them before they’re gone and keep them no matter what. Tell a friend about this offer so they can go Gold and get free games too.

Source: http://www.xbox.com/...games-with-gold

#15 MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop

Miniman

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:22

Damn it, i was hoping you were going to prove me wrong.

Sometime being right is so punishing haha ;)

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!