How to manage/delete synced tab devices in IE11

I upgraded my Surface Pro to Windows 8.1 last week, then upgraded my desktop.

Later, I reformatted my Surface Pro and did a clean install with 8.1, however now I see two instances of my Surface Pro when in IE11 one with a current set of tabs, and one with the tabs that were open before I reformatted.

Has anyone found a way to manage (or at least remove) devices from the "synced tabs" feature?

I upgraded my Surface Pro to Windows 8.1 last week, then upgraded my desktop.

Later, I reformatted my Surface Pro and did a clean install with 8.1, however now I see two instances of my Surface Pro when in IE11 one with a current set of tabs, and one with the tabs that were open before I reformatted.

Has anyone found a way to manage (or at least remove) devices from the "synced tabs" feature?

Have you looked in your Microsoft account settings at your trusted PCs list?  I think you might see the name of your Surface in that list twice.  The first one is probably the original one before the format and then you'll see the same name but with the default (1) next to it to show it's a copy.  If you remove the older one from the list then the sync settings it has stored should leave?

This is just a guess on my part I haven't checked though and I'm going off of what I remember.

It should be displayed between your trusted devices on your Microsoft Account, if you remove it, it will also disappear in IE.

It should be displayed between your trusted devices on your Microsoft Account, if you remove it, it will also disappear in IE.

I just looked in mine and my trusted devices aren't listed but only the option to remove all of them from my account is there.  I think if you have two factor authentication on, like I do, you lose that option.  BUT if you go to skydrive.com you can see them there and you should get the option to "disconnect this pc from skydrive".  That should also do the trick.

Thanks for the comments everyone...

I also am unable to see my individual trusted devices. However, on Skydrive I only see my Surface listed once so that's not it either.

I guess I could try removing all my trusted devices, but before I try that I tried turning off the tab sync feature on my desktop to see if that makes them disappear. I've restarted once and still no luck though :/