Photo

Do women get turned on when they see shirtless guys?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 DaDude

DaDude

Neowinian

• 1,171 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 17:13

Men get turned on when they see women with their body exposed. But what about the other way around. When women see men who are shirtless, do they get turned on?

#2 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 60,916 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 17:15

I do. :p

But I'd never admit it in real life.

#3 OP DaDude

DaDude

Neowinian

• 1,171 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 17:53

I do. :p

But I'd never admit it in real life.

On your profile, it says that you're male!?!?

#4 thomastmc

thomastmc

Unofficial Attorney of Neowin

• 1,329 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 928

Posted 02 July 2013 - 00:32

Men get turned on when they see women with their body exposed. But what about the other way around. When women see men who are shirtless, do they get turned on?

Yes.

Most women are physically attracted to men, just as most men are physically attracted to women. The physical aspect of sensual attraction may not be as strong in most women as most men, but it's a fundamental of human sexuality.

For example... Most women may not be that turned on usually by seeing some guy that they don't know or don't like personally half naked, but if the man is someone that they know, and like or may even already be attracted to, it is definitely a turn on. For most men, our personal opinion of a woman or whether we know them or not makes little difference as to how turned on we get seeing them half naked. That said, there are always exceptions to the rule, but this is generally the case.

There's also a more subtle concept involved of subconscious/conscious perceptions. This is true for almost all humans male or female: We're usually naked when we have sex. We usually see each other clothed. When you see someone of the opposite sex in a nude or partially nude state, your mind automatically goes there. It's like when you smell your favorite food cooking you get hungry, often before you even consciously realize what you're smelling.

#5 +D. FiB3R

D. FiB3R

aka DARKFiB3R

• 6,795 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 800

Posted 02 July 2013 - 00:33

*Waits for the penny to drop* :rolleyes:

#6 Javik

Javik

Beware the tyrrany of those that wield power

• 5,660 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 00:35

Women aren't as visually sexual as men, but they do still desire certain physical characteristics.

#7 illegaloperation

illegaloperation

Neowinian Senior

• 1,728 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 00:37

It depends. If the guy is a fat blob, probably not.

#8 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

• 12,795 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 00:37

Women aren't as visually sexual as men, but they do still desire certain physical characteristics.

True...

Though  I know a lot of women who prefer legs, thighs than chest, I think it boils down to "different strokes for different folks".

#9 +Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• 10,730 posts
  • Phone: Sony Xperia Z1 Compact

Posted 02 July 2013 - 00:40

LADIES!!!!!

images.jpg

#10 Shiranui

Shiranui

Iconoclast

• 3,446 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 00:42

I get turned on by shirtless women.

#11 +-T-

-T-

Trapmaster

• 2,400 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 00:44

Many of the women I know, do.

LADIES!!!!!

attachicon.gifimages.jpg

How did you obtain a picture of me in bed?

#12 Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• 21,278 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5 (Android 4.4.2)

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:02

Yes.

Most women are physically attracted to men, just as most men are physically attracted to women. The physical aspect of sensual attraction may not be as strong in most women as most men, but it's a fundamental of human sexuality.

For example... Most women may not be that turned on usually by seeing some guy that they don't know or don't like personally half naked, but if the man is someone that they know, and like or may even already be attracted to, it is definitely a turn on. For most men, our personal opinion of a woman or whether we know them or not makes little difference as to how turned on we get seeing them half naked. That said, there are always exceptions to the rule, but this is generally the case.

There's also a more subtle concept involved of subconscious/conscious perceptions. This is true for almost all humans male or female: We're usually naked when we have sex. We usually see each other clothed. When you see someone of the opposite sex in a nude or partially nude state, your mind automatically goes there. It's like when you smell your favorite food cooking you get hungry, often before you even consciously realize what you're smelling.

That may be true but I don't think women would be attracted to a shirtless average male. Men are shirtless more often than women and it usually isn't considered sexual. Women, on the other hand, are almost never shirtless and whenever they are, it's considered sexual. It's different for men that are exceptionally fit because they're above average. And women don't need to be above average in order to have breasts.

Also, evolution has selected for men to be more visual when it comes to sexual attraction. They pay attention to things like a woman's breasts and waist-to-hip ratio. Women pay attention to social status and money because evolution selected for them to look for a mate that can provide for a child as well as her.

#13 HawkMan

HawkMan

Badass Viking

• 20,346 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:11

That may be true but I don't think women would be attracted to a shirtless average male. Men are shirtless more often than women and it usually isn't considered sexual. Women, on the other hand, are almost never shirtless and whenever they are, it's considered sexual. 

Well that's not entirely true though

Men and Women shirtless in calendar/pin up style pictures: Sexual

Men and women shirtless/top less sunbathing or walking around the house: Not sexual

In either case it's only sexual if you make it so. women could be outside painting the house topless and it wouldn't be sexual, but bras tend to be more practical for women in general. 

If you see a sun bathing topless woman and think it's sexual, it's only cause you generally like breasts and she's hot(to you), just like some women will find it sexual when they see shirtless hot guys on the beach. 

#14 soniqstylz

soniqstylz

Neowin Trophy Slore

• 8,613 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:18

best_guy_ever.jpg

#15 vcfan

vcfan

POP POP RET

• 4,519 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:31

im a male too, and i can appreciate a good male physique,for example, of a bodybuilders. its like admiring the beauty of a horse. you admire the muscular definitions of its legs,and its smooth coat, but it doesnt mean you want to have sex with it.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!