Eat for only $2.04 per day.

No. Never. And I'd question the sanity of anyone who does say that.

Depends on where you live, it could be true in say NYC, LA, or Chicago, in my town in CT it's not

Well you have your grain / Milk / protein / fiber / meat

I'd wager there's very little of those in those sandwiches.

My Monthly Tesco's shop, which includes a variety of healthy and unhealthy foods and even beer and luxuries, and serves 3 people and a dog, comes in at ?240 per month, divide that by four you got ?60 per week, divide that by 3 people = ?20 per week, divide that again by the number of days and you've got ?2.85 per day.

So ?2.85 for proper food, plus luxuries plus the fact that includes the dogs meals and cleaning essentials, toiletries etc. Makes $2 for some ###### fake processed sandwiches look pretty weak, sorry man ;)

I love bologna and cheese sandwiches, I don't give a damn what anyone thinks. :D

No, I don't think I've ever heard anyone say it's cheaper to go out and eat than cook at home. I don't think that's ever been true. In fact, I was just thinking today how asininely expensive food is to eat out now. I went and picked up a sandwich from Jimmy Johns and with chips and a drink my total was almost $10!!!!! It wasn't but a handful of years ago when $5 was expensive for one person to eat. Now the norm is closer to $10. Hell, even a **** combo meal at a fast food restaurant ends up being $7 now. I admit, I'm a bit lazy and not the best at making myself a lunch before work, but I'm going to have to start. The food industry is getting ridiculous with their pricing these days.

I live in Pittsburgh, in a wealthier area. If I'm being lazy, there's a supermarket that's easy to get to, open 24/7, and it cost something like $15 for stir-fry with tofu for me and my girlfriend. Chipotle is $13.50  for 2 burritos.

Had I planned better, I could have gone shopping in a cheaper grocery store, but for the sake of the argument, it was more expensive eating in.

you may find this cheaper, but it's unhealthier and after a while you will get not only fatter but fedup of that crap food.

If you don't want processed meats and cheese, it wouldn't be that much more expensive to get fresh sliced stuff at the store's deli.  That way you could alternate types and not get sick of it as fast.

Otherwise, ramen noodles cost close to nothing, Lean Cuisines and some frozen pizzas are almost always $2/ea., rice and canned veggies are always cheap, there are plenty of soup cans that are a dollarish that would suffice for a meal, boxes of pasta are cheap, etc etc

There are millions of ways to make each meal a couple dollars and remain very nutritional.  

Problem with a lot of pre-packaged (ramen / canned soup / frozen dinners) is very high sodium content. If you have any blood pressure conditions, sodium is something you have to avoid. Canned Vegetables is a good inexpensive healthier option, but 1 can usually goes for $1-2  per can.