#106 MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop

Miniman

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • OS: Win 8, Win 7, Vista, OSX, iOS, Android, WP8 and various Linux distro's
  • Phone: HTC 8X

Posted 02 July 2013 - 15:44

Aha! Brilliant, a new point that hasn't gone round in circles. :laugh:

You're right, someone has to make the first move. However, the idea that ISP's want us to be on dial-up doesn't work to well. Let's say that your an ISP and I'm a different ISP. We start by offering the exact same packages. But then one day you decide to upgrade your network, and I notice that people are moving from my ISP to you because they want faster speeds. It is now up to me to upgrade my network to keep my customers, else I will go out of business. Microsoft has absolutely no sway over me in this matter, my customers do.

Correct,  my anology was pretty bad there haha

What i was trying to get at is i totally believe that MS (and it didn't have to just be MS it could have been Sony, Google etc) were trying to push forward with technology in a way that should have forced broadband suppliers to sit down and listen to the consumers.

Consumer use drives companies to improve their services and i just don;t see ISP's improving their services first, i feel they need a kick to get moving.

#107 jasondefaoite

jasondefaoite

Neowinian

Posted 02 July 2013 - 15:47

Oh right, so your not someone who is disgruntled by the DRM policies but a Playstation fanboy? Makes more sense.

Offering a digital download which has different rights to the disc bought creates a fragmented and confusing platform for everyone involved. Your not going to see it happen, it'll be a nightmare economically.

They never refused to answer, just terrible PR which gave misleading answers.

The quote I made in bold, with a disc based copy you can have an infinite people completing a game on a single copy. Your point is hypocritical and invalid.

The PS4 is DOA if it can't hit 60fps in games on launch, or even 30fps like its struggling to do now.

Nope. Xbox original and 360 owner. Never had a PS before in my life. Was Sega before MS (Megadrive, Saturn). So so wrong. Sorry, no easy out for you here.

Yes they did refuse to answer. Watch Major Nelsons interview from E3 on this specific question.

The point is valid, and you have no answer for it.

#108 JonnyLH

JonnyLH

Neowinian

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 02 July 2013 - 15:54

Nope. Xbox original and 360 owner. Never had a PS before in my life. Was Sega before MS (Megadrive, Saturn). So so wrong. Sorry, no easy out for you here.

Yes they did refuse to answer. Watch Major Nelsons interview from E3 on this specific question.

The point is valid, and you have no answer for it.

They don't refuse to answer based on it being a stupid answer, its because they haven't been told what to say publicly on something that hasn't been clarified officially. 

You've still not turned around telling me why I'm wrong? You've just ignored all my posts and points and tried to return with something to try and bring out cracks in my reasoning. So unless you've got something constructive to return back which makes me think about the points I've made, then I'm outta here. You even made a post a couple back which stated wrong facts which I've clarified with you before.

#109 jasondefaoite

jasondefaoite

Neowinian

Posted 02 July 2013 - 15:59

They don't refuse to answer based on it being a stupid answer, its because they haven't been told what to say publicly on something that hasn't been clarified officially. 

Wait. Let me see if I understand what you are saying now. They didn't refuse to answer because it was a stupid question, but instead refused to answer because they didn't know what to say. Ok. Gotcha.

But..

They never refused to answer, just terrible PR which gave misleading answers.

As for...

You've still not turned around telling me why I'm wrong? You've just ignored all my posts and points and tried to return with something to try and bring out cracks in my reasoning. So unless you've got something constructive to return back which makes me think about the points I've made, then I'm outta here. You even made a post a couple back which stated wrong facts which I've clarified with you before.

I've ignored all your posts? Jesus H Christ. I've done my best to reply to each point you made, breaking apart the quotes to answer them. Can't do any more than that. Please have another read :)

#110 JonnyLH

JonnyLH

Neowinian

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 02 July 2013 - 16:07

Wait. Let me see if I understand what you are saying now. They didn't refuse to answer because it was a stupid question, but instead refused to answer because they didn't know what to say. Ok. Gotcha.

But..

As for...

I've ignored all your posts? Jesus H Christ. I've done my best to reply to each point you made, breaking apart the quotes to answer them. Can't do any more than that. Please have another read :)

There's 2 differences.

1. Refusing to answer because the answer would give a negative impact and they simply don't want to say

2. Refusing to answer because they haven't been publically told what to say regarding the difficult subject matter

So yes, you've pointed out that my word choice previously isn't the best. Although, my point still stands.

So, whats your views on having a infinite amount of times you can lend a game out on a disc for that person to complete single player on? Can you really believe MS would do such a thing??!?!

How about the lower game prices with business logic?

My point is, these points I made which you haven't replied to breaks your fundamental argument around family sharing and the whole online-based platform. So you don't have an argument anymore. Family sharing would of existed and would of been a good addition and games would of been cheaper and better quality for the consumer, creating a healthy platform. Online check-in is needed for those features, thats why I agree with it.

#111 red.

red.

Neowinian Senior

Posted 02 July 2013 - 16:28

I haven't read the entire thread but regarding your point about lower prices for digital content, i presume you mean that by cutting out the retailers, publishers and devs can get more of the share and therefore cut game prices? If so, shouldn't we already be seeing this? Because, at the moment you can get the disc based versions cheaper (in some cases by quite a difference) than the digital prices.

#112 jasondefaoite

jasondefaoite

Neowinian

Posted 02 July 2013 - 16:30

There's 2 differences.

1. Refusing to answer because the answer would give a negative impact and they simply don't want to say

2. Refusing to answer because they haven't been publically told what to say regarding the difficult subject matter

So yes, you've pointed out that my word choice previously isn't the best. Although, my point still stands.

Why is it difficult? It is because the answer is something people don't want but MS would force it on them anyways?

So, whats your views on having a infinite amount of times you can lend a game out on a disc for that person to complete single player on? Can you really believe MS would do such a thing??!?!

I know where you are going here. Forget lending, look at the game rental companies. How many are playing from a single disk there?

Do they like this? Nope. There are some **** n bull stories about how the publisher deserves a cut from the follow on sales. And screw lending/retail. Let's limit lending to a single time, and selling the game, well we'll let the publisher decide this. Oh btw ... rental is dead.

Finally they can implement something to lock this down and limit it with the internet ... hell yes. But since people are used to this model, this would only work if MS forced this on them (no options... fragmentation my ass) and Sony did the same (no options). Whooops.

So, you may believe Family Sharing will allow 11 people to complete a game from a single purchase, because much more could be done in the past (rentals etc). I disagree.

They now have the tools to lock this down, and that is what they are doing. You said it yourself. They can't answer questions on this because the answer would be not what people want to hear. That's why it is a difficult subject. The reason MS had a PR nightmare on this is because they are tying themselves in knots trying to answer questions on the negative aspects of the X1 without it sounding negative.

How about the lower game prices with business logic?

Answered that already. Why do we need to wait for this in the future? Why aren't X1 games already cheaper than the current 360 games?

Question for you to answer. If this future you see is so great, why did MS reverse course and go back to how it was done with the 360?

#113 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

Posted 02 July 2013 - 23:24

Sharing your games with 10 friends and a full digital library with Steam like sales isn't a benefit to you?

Also, please inform me why adding the online check-in benefits MS?

Where did they ever say they were going to have steam like sales?

#114 xWhiplash

xWhiplash

Neowinian Senior

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:18

Where did they ever say they were going to have steam like sales?

Agreed.  Xbox One marketplace has no competition.  You cannot buy digital Xbox One games from other digital distributors.  

Steam does have competition.  

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!