44 posts in this topic

Posted

Some Xbox 360 owners may need a USB drive to install Grand Theft Auto V

by John Callaham

actual34894374.jpg

If you own an Xbox 360, you may need to make some plans beforehand before you buy and play Grand Theft Auto V. The long awaited open world action game from Rockstar Games is coming on September 17th, and the Xbox 360 version will come on two DVD discs; one to install the game and the other to actually play the game (the PS3 version will be released on one Blu-ray disc).

In a Q&A posted on the Rockstar Games website, the company revealed that both the Xbox 360 and the PS3 versions of GTA V will require an install of at least 8 GB on a hard drive. All PS3 consoles have hard drives, but that's not the case for the Xbox 360. Some lack hard drives completely and others only have 4 GB of space.

The post states:

This initial install will require an Xbox 360 Hard Drive or an external 16GB USB flash drive with at least 8 GB of free space. If using a USB flash drive it must be at least USB 2.0 with a minimum 15mb/s read speed and formatted for Xbox 360 use. A new USB flash drive is recommended to ensure optimum performance.

The post adds that once the install is completed from the first DVD disc, the Xbox 360 version can then be played on the second disc without the need to change discs.

Source: Rockstar Games | Image via Rockstar Games

Posted

lol, Rockstar doesn't let anything get in their way.. I like their style.. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Makes ense, if people are willing to splash out good money on a game then they can probably pick up a decent USB drive pretty cheap.

Posted

and that is just utter ###### :/

Posted

In other news if people didn't have to install it they would just bitch about load times.

6 people like this

Posted

Rockstar helping Microsoft sell hard drive accessories.

Posted

Rockstar helping Microsoft sell hard drive accessories.

Not really, as you can just use a USB stick.

5 people like this

Posted

Oi. Glad I read this article. Ironically to this article, I'mma have to get the game for 360. I don't have enough space on my hard drive for PS3. >.<

Posted

I want this on PC so badly :'(

2 people like this

Posted

and that is just utter **** :/

Have a slim with roughly 98GB free :) even after I grab some of these Ultimate Sales games I'll have a bunch. How are you complaining, if you have $60 for GTA5 then you likely have money for a 8GB/16GB flash drive.

Posted

Not sure what the big deal is.  If it wasn't installed, the game would run like crap.

Posted

its reason such as this that i kept telling people not to be fooled by the advertisements and purchase their children the 4Gb model during the holidays.

Posted

I want this on PC so badly :'(

Too bad : (:::::::::::::::::::::

Posted

its reason such as this that i kept telling people not to be fooled by the advertisements and purchase their children the 4Gb model during the holidays.

Why the hell would a parent want to buy a kid GTA ? It should be given a 18 cert. That way us adults can play it without any hassle.

Posted

Not sure what the big deal is.  If it wasn't installed, the game would run like crap.

I have to agree. If you think a game of the scale of GTA5 could just run off the media, on a console approaching the end of it's life, then you have very high expectations! I'm amazed there are folks still running their Xbox 360's without a larger HDD in it. And seriously - how much is a 16GB pen drive or similar these days? We're talking <$15. 

Posted

Why the hell would a parent want to buy a kid GTA ? It should be given a 18 cert. That way us adults can play it without any hassle.

Here in the UK, literally *EVERYONE* gets it.  Hell I was I think about 12 when I got Vice City.

They have always been given 18 classification, never stops anyone.

Posted

My 250gb hard drive is just too small, it has about 500mb free at the moment!

I had better get deleting some older installed games (i would have anyway as i always like to install games).

Posted

I don't see this as a big deal. Most people have USB sticks laying around unused, and if they don't, they can pick up a 8gb stick for pretty cheap now.

Posted

Here in the UK, literally *EVERYONE* gets it.  Hell I was I think about 12 when I got Vice City.

Agreed, I convinced my dad to buy me San Andreas when I was 10. That was a good day in Woolworths.

Posted

I am in the UK, my parents allowed me to be exposed to such things I have no problems for it but my parents were still wrong, Your a bad parent should you in this day and age give your child GTA. my parents had an excuse video games were new back then.

Agreed, I convinced my dad to buy me San Andreas when I was 10. That was a good day in Woolworths.

See above. I hope you don't do likewise to your children.

Posted

Not one person in this topic has called a USB flash drive by its correct name. Embarrassing for a technology website.

2 people like this

Posted

I am in the UK, my parents allowed me to be exposed to such things I have no problems for it but my parents were still wrong, Your a bad parent should you in this day and age give your child GTA. my parents had an excuse video games were new back then.

Or, perhaps, the parent can decide what is best for raising their children. I grew up just fine being exposed to the entire GTA series as I grew up (and even after entering adulthood).  More to the point, as a parent, you can even monitor what your child does when they play video games.  One person visited my house and allowed their younger son to play GTA 4 on my Xbox 360, but they did not allow them to intentionally kill innocents or police (outside of the storyline).

Do want you want for your own kids, but it's none of your business what others do with their kids until it has an affect on you.

1 person likes this

Posted

Bought a 250GB drive for my Sim 4G and been loading it up especially now with the free DLC/cheap stuff on Xbox Live lately. I bought about 6 Games on Demand in the last 2 months vs NEVER before. Got season pass for a few games which involved even more DLC! 

My point was, I bought that 250GB drive for like $40 used. Not that big of a deal anymore to get them if you need it.

Posted

Not one person in this topic has called a USB flash drive by its correct name. Embarrassing for a technology website.

OK

4 people like this

Posted

and that is just utter **** :/

people are never happy 

1 person likes this