Getting a new 4S, what firmware can I expect?

Hey Neowin^^

I plan to get a new iPhone 4S this week as the iPhone 5 is a bit too expensive for my taste :pinch: Now my question is, how high are the chances that it will still ship with 6.1.2 or lower? I think I will get it regardless though if it comes with 6.1.3 I might aswell stick with my iPhone 4 till iOS7 releases and leave the 4S in its box :P

Thanks for any help in advance^^

It will come with whatever is current at the time it's shipped. In general Apple updates it's old stock so you'll be getting the new stuff (unless a new update just came out and you went within a week or so, you'd get old firmware).

If you get it from Apple, the chances are low. Also, are you sure you can't wait a few months until the launch of the next iPhone, which will cause iPhone 5's price to drop?

It will come with whatever is current at the time it's shipped. In general Apple updates it's old stock so you'll be getting the new stuff (unless a new update just came out and you went within a week or so, you'd get old firmware).

If you get it from Apple, the chances are low. Also, are you sure you can't wait a few months until the launch of the next iPhone, which will cause iPhone 5's price to drop?

I got mine with 6.1.3.

Alright that confirms my fear thanks for the quick replies :/ I had a little hope because two years ago when I got my 4 it was still running 4.1 I think while the newest firmware was 4.1.3 but I guess things have changed :pinch:

And I would get it from T-Mobile by the way and not Apple directly. Also well the 4S would cost me 200? extra while the 5 would be 300? and while these 100? wouldn't hurt me all that much I don't like to spend money where I think it's uneeded, the bigger screen and sleeker design aren't worth 100? in my eyes :( Now if T-Mobile would tell me that the 5 will start being only 200? once the 5S/6 is out I would wait but otherwise... :p