Photo

Getting a new 4S, what firmware can I expect?

iphone 4s new firmware

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SkyDX

SkyDX

Anime Computer Enthusiast^^

Posted 02 July 2013 - 17:59

Hey Neowin^^

I plan to get a new iPhone 4S this week as the iPhone 5 is a bit too expensive for my taste :pinch: Now my question is, how high are the chances that it will still ship with 6.1.2 or lower? I think I will get it regardless though if it comes with 6.1.3 I might aswell stick with my iPhone 4 till iOS7 releases and leave the 4S in its box :p

Thanks for any help in advance^^

#2 Roger H.

Roger H.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 20
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 02 July 2013 - 18:07

It will come with whatever is current at the time it's shipped. In general Apple updates it's old stock so you'll be getting the new stuff (unless a new update just came out and you went within a week or so, you'd get old firmware).

#3 Manish

Manish

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 02 July 2013 - 18:07

If you get it from Apple, the chances are low. Also, are you sure you can't wait a few months until the launch of the next iPhone, which will cause iPhone 5's price to drop?

#4 Ohwhyme

Ohwhyme

Neowinian

Posted 02 July 2013 - 18:08

I got mine with 6.1.3.

#5 OP SkyDX

SkyDX

Anime Computer Enthusiast^^

Posted 02 July 2013 - 18:15

It will come with whatever is current at the time it's shipped. In general Apple updates it's old stock so you'll be getting the new stuff (unless a new update just came out and you went within a week or so, you'd get old firmware).

If you get it from Apple, the chances are low. Also, are you sure you can't wait a few months until the launch of the next iPhone, which will cause iPhone 5's price to drop?

I got mine with 6.1.3.

Alright that confirms my fear thanks for the quick replies :/ I had a little hope because two years ago when I got my 4 it was still running 4.1 I think while the newest firmware was 4.1.3 but I guess things have changed :pinch:

And I would get it from T-Mobile by the way and not Apple directly. Also well the 4S would cost me 200€ extra while the 5 would be 300€ and while these 100€ wouldn't hurt me all that much I don't like to spend money where I think it's uneeded, the bigger screen and sleeker design aren't worth 100€ in my eyes :( Now if T-Mobile would tell me that the 5 will start being only 200€ once the 5S/6 is out I would wait but otherwise... :p

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!