• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 22,258 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:33

Except real time cust scenes DO look far better than in game graphics.and no no cut scenes in Halo 4 is pre rendered except the space ship stuff, actually I'm not sure about that either. 

and no you won't see more pre-rendered. even the PS3 is moving towards more in game cinematics, since real time cinematics already have much higher graphical fidelity than game, and it mixes with the game much better, you flow directly from cut scene to game and visa versa. 

#62 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 22,258 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:42

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbjA6rB98Yk'

Starts with the CGI intro, which explains backstory for the spartans, mostly used CGI becuse it doesn't use any game assets. and is set in a completely different time/location. 

then there's some gameplay, untill 8:26 when the real time cinematics starts, which even a blind person can tell has significantly higher graphical fidelity than in game.

with the next gen consoles having so much more power, you'll see in game cinematics being used a lot more. 

#63 helios01

helios01

Neowinian

• 379 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:20

How a game-of-the-show turns into a pissing contest about cloud systems is quite interesting. Game looks fun, I'm glad a game with solid gameplay took the show rather than a game with fancy cutscenes and presentation as it's been the case recently. 

The difference between Gaikai and Azure is Gaikai can do 100% of its graphics processing externally cause it is a video stream. Azure cannot as it isn't.

This is kind of funny, people are making too much of these systems from both sides. In the end, the cloud is nothing more than a bunch of machines running in parallel remotely. They can do anything they're programmed to. 

You can store data, you can process data, in the end the biggest bottleneck is bandwidth.

#64 Motoko.

Motoko.

Neowinian Senior

• 4,767 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:18

You're not playing Titanfall unless you're playing on a GTX Titan.

This exageration made me chuckle :laugh:

Titanfall was really the unexpected game that impressed me at E3.

#65 Michael Gentry

Michael Gentry

Neowinian

• 7 posts
  • Phone: 2695560362

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:20

Xbox One's Titanfall dominates E3 2013 Game Critics Awards
by John Callaham

tf_lagoon_pilot_titanccc.jpg

While Microsoft is not publishing Titanfall directly, the company has to be pleased that the game from developer Respawn Entertainment is going to be released for the Xbox One, Xbox 360 and the PC. Today, the upcoming sci-fi multiplayer shooter that pits humans against 24 foot tall mech-like vehicles called Titans won six awards from the annual E3 Game Critics Awards.

The awards, voted on by a group of both mainstream and game centric journalists, named Titanfall as the Best of Show overall, along with wins for Best Original Game, Best Console Game, Best PC Game, Best Action Game and Best Online Multiplayer.

While Titanfall will also be released for the PC and Xbox 360, the team at Respawn seem to be targeting the Xbox One as their main platform. That's due to the fact that the game will use the cloud-based features of Microsoft's console to help with things like AI and physics so that the hardware in the console itself will take care of other features. Titanfall will also support dedicated servers on the Xbox One. The game, to be published by Electronic Arts, is due out in the spring of 2014.

Source: Game Critics Awards | Image via Respawn Entertainment

I pretty much knew for awhile that xbox was dominant but I guess I learned it takes a while for some to get the memo lol