'Falling Skies' renewed for 4th Season

Fans of the Steven Spielberg-produced sci-fi series Falling Skies have cause to rejoice: TNT has ordered a fourth season. The show follows the efforts of the human resistance against an invading alien species. Led by Noah Wyle (ER), the humans encounter a new alien force in season three, played by accomplished character actor Doug Jones (Hellboy). Season four of Falling Skies will enjoy a 10-episode run next summer. Also starring Will Patton, Moon Bloodgood and Drew Roy, Falling Skies airs Sundays at 10/9c on TNT. Here's the full press release for the fourth season order of TNT's Falling Skies: TNT has ordered a fourth season of Falling Skies, the epic drama produced by DreamWorks Television and executive producer Steven Spielberg and starring Noah Wyle. Currently airing Sundays at 10 p.m. (ET/PT), Falling Skies is averaging 5.8 million viewers in Live + 7 delivery and ranks as basic cable?s #1 scripted series with adults 18-49 and adults 25-54 for the summer-to-date. TNT plans to launch the 10-episode fourth season in summer 2014. Falling Skies tells the extraordinary tale of life and survival in the wake of a catastrophic alien invasion. Wyle plays Tom Mason, a college professor who becomes an unlikely resistance leader after a massive invasion by an alien force. The series also stars Moon Bloodgood, Will Patton, Drew Roy, Connor Jessup, Maxim Knight, Seychelle Gabriel, Mpho Koaho, Colin Cunninghamand Sarah Carter. Among the guest stars this season on Falling Skies are Gloria Reuben, Robert Sean Leonard, Stephen Collins and Doug Jones.Falling ...

http://collider.com/falling-skies-season-4-renewal/

• Like 1

thank goodness.  This show is great, and I figured it might go the way of Stargate universe, firefly, or any of the other great sci fi shows that got canceled way too early.

WOOOO! great news, soo many good SciFi shows have been cancelled early recently. Nice to see one getting a good go.

Lets just hope they keep going.

• 2 months later...

I am still watching it because summer is kinda dead anyways but it's not "great" by any stretch of the word, it's "worth a watch" though IMO.  With all the other crap on TV, this is definitely not so bad compared. :)

I am still watching it because summer is kinda dead anyways but it's not "great" by any stretch of the word, it's "worth a watch" though IMO.  With all the other crap on TV, this is definitely not so bad compared. :)

Same here. It's much better than a lot of the crap on these days.

Watched the last 2 episodes of season 3 last night. Awesome stuff.

Glad they gonna make another season.

Good to hear about season 4 but I also feel that it's going to have to end soon. I don't think they can drag it out to, say, 8 seasons. Maybe 5 tops would be a good number, though each season is short episode wise, it's not a 24ep season.

• 1 month later...

1383144868.jpg

Scarlett Byrne, who played Pansy Parkinson in the final three Harry Potter movies, has joined the cast of TNT?s alien drama Falling Skies as a new series regular. She plays a mysterious young woman with special powers and an unusual connection to the alien invaders.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/10/falling-skies-season-4-casting-news_30.html

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I should really get around to watching this again. I stopped like 2 or 3 episodes into season 2. How has the show progressed? Is it better/same/worse than it was in the first season?

I thought it got a little weird when Tom was elected President only to find out that the government was intact. Then the colonel had to take orders from him. I'd rather see if with the colonel (forgot his name lol) back in charge but the show has been great al along. I love Pope!

Agreed on the CGI. I almost can't even tell if the fish heads are CGI or just costumes.

• 2 weeks later...