• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 virtorio

virtorio

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 15
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:20

It is 100% impossible to determine a winner at this point, frankly I think they'll both do well, and probably end up in a similar scenario to what we have now.

#17 Torolol

Torolol

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:31

so, thanks to the NON-DRM move xbox one will won the war?

what the xbox one DRM fanboys will said about it?

#18 Showan

Showan

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Lumia Icon

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:58

This "Console War" will be about "Bang for your buck" this generation...
Core gamers determines the console lead in its early years... Say year 1-3 or so...
In that span all core gamers who love video games will have bought their console of choice by then... Or even both consoles in this span..usually determine the outcome of the "infinity war"....

Years 4 through 10 (or whenever)... Are the years that people who play regular games, indie games, Netflix, etc , buy a console...and really determine the lead...

Price cut usually happens around year 4 or so...
What you get for your dollar will go a LOOOOOOOOOONG WAY.....

If the PS4 is flexible and has other wowing features by year 4... And can keep that $100 difference... Then I say "Well Played Sony, Well Played"....

But if MS gets all the "ooooooh and awwwwwwwwe" features and gets the price to within $50 of the PS4....
Then its a toss up...

But both will do well...

#19 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:18

Xbox One will lose big time. They just lost me as a customer after nearly seven years of Gold and enough money spent on games and hardware to buy a very nice car. Poor service, moronic global availability/region locking issues, basically no way to contact support if you really need to etc etc etc.

With all due respect, as much as i loved Xbox this isn't really family or personal love and loyalty will only go so far before you simply become a glutton for punishment. When my 360 slim's power supply died (after three years of use, stood in line day one to get this console even though i had a perfectly good "big" 360 back then) i contacted support. No warranty so i purchased a new power supply. They charged me over the phone right there. Two weeks. No power supply arrives. Get an email to send them a photo of my console, to make sure i have THE RIGHT PLUG. This was the last straw. Who needs this? We have so much choice now.

So yes, all that money that I would have spent on Xbox? PS4. Microsoft just lost a big spender, and many members here know this. I won't be the deciding factor in the console race, clearly, but i have a sneaking suspicion there are quite a few people out there just like me. And with Sony handing out free games with Plus like it's nothing, heart and minds have been won. BTW I'm a Gold Live member and CAN'T get the free games before anyone says anything, because i have committed the horrible sin of being "out of region". Do we really want to give our hard-earned money to people like that? Seriously? 

PS4 will win, no doubt. 

#20 Enron

Enron

Windows for Workgroups

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:23

Who cares, I just want to play some Forza 5.

#21 Aaron Olive

Aaron Olive

2011 27" iMac

• Phone: iPhone 6 Plus Space Gray

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:28

Meh...others took the bait, think I'll just sit back and watch.....
xblF4.gif

#22 chrisj1968

chrisj1968

copyrighted!! ©

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:06

The winner will be the one who relates and gives the better experience to the customer. It is too premature for anyone to speculate who will win a console war before either console is even released at this point.

anyone who says otherwise is just farting in the wind

#23 Showan

Showan

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Lumia Icon

Posted 04 July 2013 - 14:16

Console winners aren't determined by us gamers...
We like to think we are, but we're not...
The core gamers buy a respective console within the first 2yrs or so of it being released...

That's 2yrs out of a 6-8yr span...( now stretch it to 10yrs)
We may determine early leads for a console... Which may influence future buyers choices..
But us the gamer in no way determine the victor of a console war...

It's the sometimes gamer, but likes doing other thing on it as well...
And little Timmy's parents, that really determines a console war victor...

Us core gamers determines which overall console "looked the best" during the console war...
And what I mean by that is attach rate...

The 360 had the highest attach rate (games + accessories purchased the most for console)...
Followed by Sony
And Nintendo being way behind...

Yes Nintendo won the Console war for this Generation...
But no one really bought games for it..
One of its best games came with the Wii.
And people either bought 1 or 2 other games.. (most of those being a Mario game or Just Dance)...

#24 compl3x

compl3x

Space coyote

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 04 July 2013 - 20:51

^ ######? Is that a poem? Or an attempt at one?

#25 +FiB3R

FiB3R

"the sun is definitely rising on a new dawn!"

• Tech Issues Solved: 6
  • Phone: Lumia 930

Posted 04 July 2013 - 20:57

Picking up on a few of his points...

To dominate the living room (my living room at least), it had better run damn near silent.

I wouldn't call the Wii a success, but rather a very successful fad. Tons sold, tons gathering dust. So many of it's best games would have been a better experience for me, had I not had to flick my wrists. :(

Obviously I haven't used Kinect 2, but if it's ever going to replace a regular remote, then it's going to have to better that experience. Currently I can change channels, inputs, volume, with no more effort than moving my thumb. I know my remote so well now, that I don't need to look at it. I'm not sure Kinect can ever match that ease of use. Personally I do not want to talk to my TV, but maybe that is something that could change.

Again, I'd have to experience IllumiRoom first hand to really make a judgment on it. My imagination wants it to be awesome, but it could very well be just another gimmick, and may never even see a public release.