The Ugly Side of Beauty...

THE UGLY SIDE TO A BEAUTIFUL THING...

My first ever topic creation on this very site, talks about the Internet and it being the killer app... And blah, blah, blah...

Let us look at this from one perspective for this subject... US THE GAMERS POINT OF VIEW...

As much as I love the Wolrd Wide Web, it also drives me up the wall...

This may sound like I'm backtracking on my previous words, a 180 per se (cheesy pun intended)...  

The web has allowed us to fire up a game, and be able to communicate with family and friends, and play together, from distances that stretch the globe..

Not having to go to so and so's house to game together... Allows developers, to expand games beyond what's on the disc... Or even buy the game digitally without even bothering to go to a store and waste gas... Oh the beauty of the web.. Oh How we love it

But the Net comes with a dark side as with everything that's man made...

But like i said , I'm going to look at this ugly side strictly from a Console Gamers perspective... Let's begin...

The Net has given, racist spewing, tea bag giving, kids (adults to for that matter, let's not blame everything on little Timmy)... 

The Net has dropped out on us during mission critical situations...

Or that friend who has the horrible connection, that makes the game less fun for the rest of us...

It has also allowed system creators, to put out a "Not Ready" product...and depend on patches to give it to us, parts at a time...  How come we can't pay for the console, parts at a time...  Why wasn't there some kind of partial refund for Other OS being removed..?? Or when your own programmers brick the console

Why couldn't we get a few dollars back for the RRoD or the E-error???  Sure you gave us a 30day  live Gold Pass...  But screw that... Not good enough...

If y'all can take top dollar from us, why can't something be given back for not being ready or screwing up???

Developers, you don't get off the hook either... Some of y'all are the worst.. Putting games on the shelves tagged for $60 and they aren't even worth $10... And then try and patch it up to playable... Or sometimes y'all don't even patch your games at all... Giving yall a reason to be lazy... A bail out...

If these were still cartridge days, a lot of studios would never even get a chance to get a 2nd try... Because you would get no patches and such to bail you out...

As much as I love the Internet... I also hate it...

Its annoyances are clearly there...